Acme Brick Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Yard Warehouse Associate
at Acme Brick Company
“Join the Acme Brick Family”
FORKLIFT OPERATOR/WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE
Acme Brick Company (a Berkshire Hathaway Company) is an organization of professionals in the manufacturing and building material distribution industry. We manufacture brick and distribute our own brick as well as brick and associated products manufactured by others. We operate in 15 states with a philosophy that we are much more than a brick manufacturer and distributor.
We are currently seeking a “best in class” Yard/Warehouse Associate with excellent organization skills and a personable disposition to load and unload products to/from delivery vehicle and assist customers with product distribution as well as organizing yard/warehouse. The ideal candidate has a natural ability to roll with the punches, being flexible to handle anything that might come their way. You will be a strong and reliable support to company operations, maintaining procedures, communication and customer service. Not only will your efforts allow us to achieve organizational efficiency, you
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned) This is a safety sensitive position.
- Handles and stores materials and items received in designated area by predetermined sequence
- Fills/stocks orders for customers and transporters
- Load/unload product for delivery, Operate forklift to move material
- Verify quantity of materials shipped and received
- Maintain yard and warehouse as needed
Skills and Experience Required for Success
- 2+ years of related experience
- Certification in forklift operation
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds regularly
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of math aptitude
Competencies Required for Success
- Relationship Building
- Quality Focused
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college is preferred
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All applicants will be screened through E-verify and must also complete a pre-employment drug screen before being hired. Additionally, it is company policy to administer a random drug screen quarterly throughout the company.
Acme Brick Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in accord with federal, state, and local laws.