Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entry Level Structural Engineer 1
Engineering - Civil
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry-Level Civil/Roadway Engineer for employment in the Baton Rouge, LA office.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The qualified applicant should be able to demonstrate prior experience and relevant coursework in Civil Engineering. The position provides the opportunity to support roadway and/or civil site design efforts for exciting, challenging, and high-profile transportation projects including highway and interchange designs, urban road design, urban transit projects, and site design for industrial facilities. This position provides training, guidance, and development of skills needed to acquire a Professional Engineering license.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform entry-level professional engineering work involving the application of standard techniques, procedures, and design criteria in carrying out routine engineering tasks through effective mentorship
- Work within the Highway group on the design of civil engineering projects including local roadways, rural and urban highways and freeways
- Collaborate with design teams consisting of multidiscipline design engineers and technicians
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member and assist with tasks including preparing engineering related calculations, drawings, and visual aids
- Assist Project Team by providing engineering design support (engineering reports, design calculations, quantity and cost estimates) for roadway, hydraulics, and civil engineering design projects
- Builds analytic and design skills
- Conducts engineering design under the supervision of an experienced engineer
- Creates designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer
- Collects and analyzes data under the supervision of an experienced engineer
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule under supervision
Entry Level Structural Engineer 1
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
Experience with design software including AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
Familiar with MS Office 2010 software (Excel, Word, Project) is required
Must be a team player
Be responsible for the preparation and production of reports, plans, specifications and estimates.
Be involved in all project aspects including design/study development and site/field visits during design and construction.
Capable of working independently or within a design team
Excellent communication skills with project team, government agencies and clients
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred
- GeoPak, InRoads, OpenRoads, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS experience
- Experience designing highway/roadway and storm drainage systems preferred
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
United States of America
USA - Louisiana
US - New Orleans, LA - 1515 Poydras Street