Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Driver (Class A)
at Airgas, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 22690
A successful Delivery Driver will have safety and DOT compliance as their top priorities. AIRGAS USA, LLC an Air Liquide company is a distributor of Industrial, Medical, Specialty and Welding gases along with Safety and Welding related products. This department is physically and technically challenging and fast paced. Deliver Drivers need to have a high degree of interest working in a busy plant production environment, which requires a sense of urgency and willingness to do whatever it takes to support our customers. Customer relations and effectively communicating customer needs with all process leaders, is crucial to the success of a Delivery Drivers. Delivery Drivers deliver our products over an established route & provide excellent customer service that facilitates 100% customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complies with all safety requirements, safety procedures and rules as prescribed by Airgas Inc., DOT, State and Federal agencies. Working safely is our number one priority.
- Operates forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment to safely load/unload compressed gas and liquid cylinders to and from delivery vehicles using store order sheets/manifests.
- Drives truck to deliver gasses and hard goods to customer's place of business, collects empty cylinders, rejected or unsold merchandise and loads truck.
- Writes customer order and instructions, records sales or deliveries information on daily sales and delivery record sheet.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints, while providing feedback to supervisors about customer complaints and needs.
- Cleans inside of truck and performs routine maintenance checks on truck.
- Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately.
- Represents Airgas Inc. in a professional and dignified manner at all times
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must possess valid CDL Class A
- Must possess hazardous material and air brakes endorsements
- Minimum of 1 year of commercial driving experience
- Must have the ability to perform very heavy work – routinely lift 25 – 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment
- Basic math skills (e.g. arithmetic, fractions, percentages)
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Minimum of 2 year customer service experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience driving a forklift
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a plant or manufacturing environment
- Experience with On Board Computer systems
- Experience handling compresses gases
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent combination of experience
- Certificate from accredited commercial truck driving school
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to perform very heavy work – routinely lift 25 – 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 125 lbs. The associate is regularly required to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required. The associate must have the ability to perform work with occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, and pulling and finger activities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This position requires travel approximately 70% of the time, mostly within the assigned area and by company vehicle.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.