Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- US-LA-St James
- Department / Discipline
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Health, Safety, Security, & Environmental (HSSE) Advisor. The position of HSSE Inspector reports directly to the Project Safety Manager, and indirectly to the Director of HSSE for the Wood Power & Process group. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive. This is an entry to mid-level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the health and wellbeing of others in our industry. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and experience in the fields of occupational safety and health and construction commensurate with the desired position. This includes experience with HSSE programs and concepts, training, injury care, program implementation, auditing, employee and supervisor engagement, and other HSSE experience that may not be listed here.
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the Project’s HSSE initiatives and programs
- Provide technical guidance to the assigned Project
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Project and overall Wood needs
- Implement HSSE management systems that support the Project needs - These can include site-specific plans and programs
- Utilize Wood audit protocols
- Participate in incident investigation and root cause analysis processes, and prepare required report(s)
- Regularly communicate the status of the Project’s HSSE culture and performance with Project Management
- Assist supervision and employees in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project
- Provide oversight for contractors and subcontractors as necessary to ensure compliance with Wood policy and procedure
- Assure compliance with all applicable legislative, client, and Wood requirements for the Project
- Facilitate and/or conduct HSSE training for the project as needed, and assure training is tracked internally as required
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Wood employees, supervision, and management
- Implement the Wood Drug & Alcohol Program at the project level
- Provide injury management and care for employees, and provide timely and accurate reporting
- Compile and share safety lessons learned across Wood
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years HSSE experience
- Capable of providing HSSE oversight for 200 - 300 employees
- NCCER or CCST Field Safety or OSHA 500 or similar level of qualifications
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification preferred
- Thorough understanding of construction work practices. With Expertise in Scaffolding, Fall Protection, Hazardous Energy, Working at Heights
- Thorough understanding of OSHA policies
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; includes use of proper grammar, spelling, ect.
- Ability to objectively audit compliance in the workplace.
- Ability to develop safety meetings, safety topics, etc.
- Provide technical insight for problem solving
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!