Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Clerk
at Associated Grocers
Match receivers to invoices and reconcile for all vendors and suppliers. Match miscellaneous payable checks to supporting documentation. Communicate with buyers, vendors, and receiving department as needed. Perform daily task in department to ensure timely payment of invoices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Match receiving documentation to extended receivers
- Match invoices to receivers and file
- Enter invoices, as necessary, into Prompt
- Reconcile out of balance invoices to purchase orders in Prompt and approve for payment.
- Review invoices for proper coding of allowance and charges to correct GL accounts
- Determine if out of balance invoicing problems are related to quantity, allowances, or charges
- Determine if out of balance invoices are related to vendor EDI set-up or coding
- Compare invoice information to purchase order information and determine if correct vendor number has been used.
- Communicate invoicing problems such as deductions, allowances, terms and 999 numbers to buyers for resolution with vendors.
- Audit vendor terms for timely payment
- Exercise discretion in deciding when to request cycle counts of the IC Team regarding receiving discrepancies
- Supply backup documentation for vendors and IC Team as requested
- Contact vendors, if necessary, to resolve invoice discrepancies
- Sort and maintain authorized invoices according to payment date
- Process daily interface from Prompt into Lawson
- Check daily interface for balancing discrepancies and correct any errors
- Process daily check run in Lawson
- Match payments with backup documentation and audit for correctness
- Review, verify and maintain a spreadsheet of vendor “remit to” information
- Process damaged goods invoices each period
- Process daily billbacks and route copies to vendors as requested
- Scan documents into Laserfiche as needed
- Utilize Laserfiche when researching problems for vendors, buyers and the IC Team
- Assist the Expense Payables Clerk by keying invoices into Lawson
- Research open credits as requested by the A/P Supervisor
- Research freight bills and route to Category Specialist
- Maintain vendor book noting “special” handling of allowances and/or charges
- Print daily EDI invoices and check off in mainframe
- Cross train on all desk in the A/P department
- Perform related task as required.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities
- 10-key by touch skills
- Computer keyboard entry skills
- Knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting principles
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks