Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Associated Grocers
Monitor and repair all refrigeration equipment and air conditioning systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
- Test lines, components, and connections for leaks.
- Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts, and reassemble repaired systems.
- Read wiring schematics to determine location, size, capacity, and type of components needed to repair refrigeration system.
- Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system.
- Order, pick up, deliver, and install materials and supplies needed to maintain equipment in good working condition.
- Install expansion and control valves, using acetylene torches and wrenches.
- Mount compressor, condenser, and other components in specified locations on frames, using hand tools and acetylene welding equipment.
- Keep records of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions.
- Communicate with customers about the work being performed.
- Fabricate and assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration system, using hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment.
- Drill holes and install mounting brackets and hangers into floor and walls of building.
- Troubleshoot and repair motor controls, control circuits, PLC problems, pneumatic controls, solenoids, limit and proximity switches.
- Perform preventative maintenance as needed on various types of refrigeration systems.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation rules, regulations, and guidelines; notify supervisor of unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; and three to five years related experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Universal Refrigeration Certificate
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an appropriate motor vehicle record
Other Skills and Abilities
- 1-2 years' of Freon refrigeration experience
- Working knowledge of refrigeration equipment, tools, and refrigerants
- Working knowledge of silver solder tools
- Working knowledge of normal shop equipment and hand tools
- Working knowledge of all electrical phases and voltage
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently