Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Manager - Maintenance (Industrial) - Oil, Gas, Chemical, and Power
at Austin Industries
- Requisition ID
Austin Industrial, Inc. delivers premier maintenance, construction, and soft craft services to the nation’s leading producers of oil, gas & chemicals; energy; and manufactured goods. As a merit shop, employee-owned company that self-performs more than 95% of a typical project scope, we pride ourselves on helping our customers maximize their return on investment.
We are currently seeking an experienced Operations Manager - Maintenance to be based in Baton Rouge, LA. This position is responsible for account management and overall performance of maintenance customers and sites, including supervision on a single site exceeding 200 FTE’s or managing multiple project sites. The Operations Manager ensures a site or account strategic plan is established, and achieved on an annual basis. The position serves under the supervision of VP of Operations.
Travel is required in this position.
- Responsibilities include staffing, administration, directing, and coordinating maintenance, outages, capital, and/or other plant services performed by Austin personnel.
- Responsibility for financial performance of assignments and leads the Site Managers to successful management of the site.
- Contribute to the pursuit process for new accounts, and assist in negotiating prime contract terms.
- Responsible for contract compliance and is the SME for assigned accounts.
- Provides mentoring and leadership to site managers to ensure succession plans are administered.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Know prime contracts and assure staff execution of the requirements.
- Assign and maintain effective staff representation on accounts.
- Administer Readiness Reviews for new projects.
- Develop and implement transition plans for new work.
- Leads the re-bid process.
- Develops KPI reporting requirement process, and ensures effective delivery.
- Holds staff, customers, subcontractors, and vendors accountable to the performance of the agreements.
- Manage timely billing and receivables performance.
- Quarterly customer review process ownership.
Cost and Productivity Management
- Review monthly financial reports and takes corrective actions to bring productivity and cost performance within expectations.
- Analyze performance metrics for sites.
- Review the AIMS dashboard report to ensure required performance metrics are met or exceeded. Ensure continuous improvement initiatives are established and achieved.
- Review productivity reports with project teams at regular intervals and ensure that management is informed on cost and schedule results for the work and how it compares with the budget. Take appropriate measures to ensure productivity is equal to or better than estimate productivity.
- Profit/loss accountability to include proper project controls and proactive measures to meet or beat budgeted costs.
- Establish and maintain job cost reporting in accordance with company policy. Approve the conversion of bid documents to the various cost codes in the Job Cost Statement and prepare monthly Job Status Reports for review by management.
- Ensure maintenance work processes are effectively managed in accordance with customer workflow process.
- Schedule and coordinate all resources as needed to meet requirements of all sites.
- Review schedule updates for small cap projects.
- Ensure projects are completed to all applicable quality requirements.
- Ensure the sites process for inspection of work is comprehensive, meets the contract requirements, and is timely administered.
- Periodic reviews of inspection documentation to assure policy and contract requirements are met, inclusive of verifying there is a robust process for follow up inspections on all non-compliant work.
- Develop and maintain the trust of the customers and engineers.
- Accountable for quarterly customer reviews.
- Reviews strategic plan initiatives with key customers, ensuring alignment and progress to Site Strategic Plans.
- Ensures Austin’s site leader is in good standing with customer staff.
- Personnel development and succession planning.
Safety and Environmental
- Responsible for the overall safety performance of assigned sites.
- Ensure CARE is effectively utilized by all staff, and that safety management processes are effectively established.
- Participates on corporate steering teams to ensure strategic plans are in place to ensure sustained performance in safety.
- Participates in site safety rituals, and ensures they are effective in sustaining a safe work culture at assigned businesses.
- Sponsors incident investigations and ensures action management processes are functioning.
- Perform safety observations at assigned projects, assessing the effectiveness of safe work practices at each site.
- Ensure all environmental obligations required by contracts and regulatory agencies are fulfilled.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four year bachelors degree in a technical field of study.
- CMRP (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional) certified preferred, or ability to obtain within one year
- Minimum of 10 years in a maintenance operations management role
- Experience in managing nested small cap reimbursable operations.
- General competency in maintenance operations, specific management capability in at least three of the following areas: civil, structural steel, fixed equipment, piping, I&E, soft craft, bulk loading, etc. This would include a good knowledge of craft skillsets, work planning, estimating, scheduling and work execution.
- Communication – ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Thorough understanding of maintenance execution and reliability best practices.
- Read and interpret project drawings and specifications.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures concerning employment, compensation, HSE, employee relations, etc.
- Contribute to project pursuit efforts and effectively present to groups or in interviews for project competitions.
- Contribute to evaluation of a preventative maintenance program.
- Risk assessment to identify and mitigate hazards.
- Familiarity of CMMS and scheduling software applications, such as SAP, Primavera, P6, Prometheus, and Maximo
- Knowledgeable of industry leading and lagging KPI’s for the maintenance business.
- Has a fundamental level of understanding engineering standards for manufacturing and industrial process related equipment design and operation.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
No agency inquiries please. Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.