Behavioral Health Group (BHG)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Counselor - Intern Unpaid
at Behavioral Health Group (BHG)
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Behavioral Health Group (BHG), a leading provider of opioid addiction treatment services. BHG provides medication assisted treatment and counseling services in a conventional outpatient setting.
At BHG, we are committed to the belief that addiction is a brain disease, not a moral failing. We are committed to treatment that embodies Hope, Respect, and Caring.
- Conduct alcohol and drug abuse counseling sessions on a regular basis per state regulation, or as part of the individual treatment plan
- Conduct group counseling sessions as required
- Orient patients to the treatment program’s operation and procedures
- Maintain patient records that are complete, comprehensive and well organized
- Make appropriate referrals through case-management services
- Provide intake/readmission services, including several weeks of supportive follow-up counseling for new patients until their assignment to a primary counselor
- Provide crisis intervention/support services to patients
- A highly motivated self-starter & fast learner
- Exceeds customer/team expectation
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Decision Making & Problem Solving Skills
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem analysis and assessment
- Time management
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (including Excel)
GREAT Opportunities -- Our Team Members are motivated self-starter’s who excel in a fast-paced environment and become a valued member of our team.
GREAT People -- Our staff has a passion to be the best, sharing a strong work ethic and dedication to providing world-class support to the teams in the field who serve our patients every day!
GREAT Support -- We recognize that our success, and that of our patients, relies on the quality of our Team Members. Once we have identified and hired a new Team Member, we work diligently to keep their skills and talent engaged by providing the systems, tools and training necessary.