Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Site Safety/PSM Manager
at Bridgestone Corporation
- Employee Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Degree Preferred
- 4 Year Degree
- Requisition ID
- Zip Code
- Functional Area
- Safety & Health
Firestone Polymers, LLC is headquartered in Lake Charles, LA and manufactures polymers and synthetic rubber in our world-class ISO 9001:2015, 14001:2015 registered plant located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Firestone's unique anionic polymerization technology allows production of high purity, high molecular weight polybutadiene and a wide range of block, random, and vinyl modified styrene-butadiene copolymers. These products are sold around the world for use in tires, impact modification of plastics and hot melt adhesives. Statistical process control is used in every step of the operation. Firestone Polymers, LLC is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Americas, a division of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company.
Reporting through Bridgestone Americas’ (BSAM) Corporate EHSS (Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability) Group, this position will be based in Lake Charles, LA. The primary responsibility of this position is to collaborate with Lake Charles’ site leadership and provide day-to-day occupational health & safety and process safety support while ensuring BSAM’s safety management vision, expectations, strategies, and initiatives are achieved. This is a leadership role and will have multiple safety personnel reporting to this position.
Salary grade commensurate with experience.
- Promote occupational health & safety as well as process safety excellence through the execution of BSAM’s risk and compliance management systems.
- Provide leadership focusing on improving and sustaining BSAM’s EHSS vision through effective strategies, management commitment, front-line leadership and employee ownership.
- Establish performance indicators (KPIs) and evaluate performance of site-based compliance initiatives while coaching and educating site personnel on EHSS programs and requirements.
- Develop and utilize risk assessment processes for proactively identifying and evaluating hazards.
- Manage and assist with the mitigation of identified gaps, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities.
- Collaborating with other BSAM facilities in effort to facilitate EHSS knowledge and share opportunities (e.g., risks, best practices, common audit findings, lessons learned); foster peer communication and interaction between groups.
- Responsible for coordinating and documenting loss prevention activities, industrial hygiene activities, medical support, emergency preparedness, and site security activities as assigned.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for OSHA PSM and EPA RMP programs. Position requires demonstrated experience in improving compliance associated with following elements: MOC, PHA, PSI, MI etc.
- Develop and provide appropriate training to employees and contractors related to implemented EHSS programs.
- Promote Behavioral-Based Safety Programs; coordinate efforts for future VPP certification.
- Willingness to lead by example and participate in other BSAM audits and assessments to include supporting other ongoing site EHSS initiatives (e.g., environmental).
- Support the transition and integration of electronic data systems (e.g., ISN & Intelex etc.).
B.S. Degree, plus 7 to 10 years experience with improving occupational health & safety and process safety compliance programs. 2 to 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Engineering or Science Degree and/or M.S. Degree
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Associate Safety Professional (ASP).
- Experience leading culture change and developing/implementing management systems
- Chemical plant experience
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, "One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- Relocation reimbursement.
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.