Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Analyst - Baton Rouge, LA (28146)
at Bureau Veritas
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
City: [[Baton Rouge]]
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing specific customer’s job nominations and/or assignments through a particular branch or branches. Additionally, to be the single point of contact for that customer for business related to that particular branch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- On receipt of a request for services, regardless of how received:
- Record the details of the nomination on a job order or equivalent,
- Enter each job into a record kept for the purpose, and to record a unique identifier.
- To review client instructions and identify potential problems regarding operations, conflict of interest, ethics or compliance and to alert relevant parties in order to seek solutions.
- Act as decision maker on any issues involving that specific customers’ job nominations or job assignments in that particular branch.
- Be familiar with the nominating company's Inspectorate agreement, to communicate with the client to obtain detailed instructions and to verify the client's needs, and to coordinate further communications between the client and Inspectorate personnel who will be handling the work.
- To be the local contact in interpreting any issues involving administration of the contract. Communicate any contractual issues with the Corporate Contract Administrator in Houston Headquarters.
- Maintain Communication Flow involving job assignments related to the responsible parties to allow them organization of requested services, to relay available information supplied of the hazards and other properties of the products dealt with, and to communicate among all parties to resolve problems in a responsive manner.
- Act as single point of contact for designated clients for all instructions.
- Collect the information provided by Inspectors; communicate with the laboratory regarding analysis performed, and to assemble a final report ready for publishing.
- As part of the overall account management, to maintain good records on closed jobs for purposes of billing, volume reconciliation, claims handling, etc.
- Maintain a geographic awareness of Inspectorate services, locations and capabilities.
- Has the authority to access at any time the necessary personnel and services to complete the assignment for the customer.
- Coordinate with corporate business development in an overall marketing plan for that particular customer to make onsite visits at the customer location and be a positive representative of the branch and of the Company.
- Perform the functions of an Operations Supervisor on a very limited basis when absolutely necessary. Not to exceed more than 20% of their work time.
- Carry out the above responsibilities, and all others which may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
- Any other miscellaneous duties assigned by Supervisor.
The Account Analyst typically has no direct line personnel authority in the usual sense of the organizational chart, but generally will supervise the personnel working the jobs. Additionally, may have direct/indirect supervisory responsibility for administrative personnel involving reports to the customer for which the Account Analyst is responsible for the management of that account. They can expect to be given full cooperation and assistance by all operations and laboratory staff in the completion of any given job.
The Account Analyst will be called upon to perform annual performance appraisals depending on level of supervisory responsibility.
- The Account Analyst requires a sound knowledge of petroleum and chemical inspection procedures.
- An understanding of the business requirements of the client, relative to the purpose of the services provided, is required.
- A full understanding of the Fair Trading Code, Company Compliance and Zero Tolerance policies is required.
- The Account Analyst needs knowledge of the testing of those commodities which are at the core of the business, and of the significance of quality test data.
- The Account Analyst must be able and willing to travel.
- The ability to retain a calm demeanor while under pressure from operational circumstances or demands of the client is essential.
- Necessary attributes are a positive attitude and ability for working and communicating with persons of diverse cultural backgrounds and sensitivities.
- The Account Analyst should have two years of experience in an inspection company, and knowledge of basic contract requirements. Have the ability to analyze the information available in a situation involving their assigned customer base and make accurate decisions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- And one to three years related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
- Ability to do basic mathematic calculations related to laboratory calculations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver’s license is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste and smell. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Americans with Disability Act: In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would to request an accommodation in order to apply for a current open position with Inspectorate America Corporation, please email us at email@example.com.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: