Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cabot Corporation.
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Cabot Corporation is seeking a Reliability Specialist for our Franklin, Louisiana plant. The Reliability Specialist investigates equipment problems and failures to find root causes and implement recommendations for equipment modifications and upgrades to improve plant performance and reliability. The Reliability Specialist has overall responsibility for the site mechanical integrity program, including management of the equipment inspection and testing program, performing equipment "end of life" assessments, and making recommendations for equipment repairs and replacements.
- Investigate equipment problems and design modifications to improve reliability, productivity and safety using failure analysis to determine root cause and recommend improvements
- Assist with equipment repairs of stationary and rotating equipment by working with original equipment manufacturers, aftermarket suppliers, and outside repair shops
- Manage and monitor maintenance project progress executed by company personnel or outside service providers
- Ensure compliance with all mechanical codes, standards, regulations and industry best practices (ASME, API, ANSI, OSHA)
- Serve on special ad-hoc teams to address plant issues utilizing operations functional expertise and supports implementation of special programs or initiatives (i.e. RC-14001®, ISO-9001, etc.)
- Support efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Reliability Engineering experience in a plant or manufacturing environment
- Strong wide ranging technical skills in mechanical/instrumentation systems
- Proven record of safe and effective work practices in an industrial environment
- Capable of developing and implementing tracking systems to support continuous improvement programs
- API Certifications preferred
- Rotating equipment design and repair experience
- Formal training in Root Cause Analysis
- Knowledge of Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
About the Company
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.