Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Laboratory Supervisor
at Cabot Corporation.
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Supervises day to day activities of Quality laboratory. Ensures that analysis of raw material, in-process, and finished material is accurately and efficiently conducted, in accordance with Cabot quality standards. Organizes daily laboratory activities with the utmost priority on safety. Organizes workforce to ensure maximum productivity by providing necessary planning, training and supervision. Backs up QC Laboratory Manager in operational duties as well as other duties such as orientation and training presentation and meeting attendance.
Ensures that routine testing of raw material, in-process, and finished material samples is carried out accurately and efficiently in order to produce high quality test results that meet customer expectations of timeliness and accuracy. Ensures that current methods are being used by all personnel to help reduce test variation.
• Contributes toward overall quality by continuous monitoring of quality levels and through close cooperation with manufacturing management. Recommends improvements to standard procedures.
• Manages staffing, shifts and work assignments as appropriate to meet work demands and budget constraints.
• Ensure proper and on-time maintenance and calibration of the lab equipment. Researches and proposes new equipment that can improve accuracy and efficiency.
• Ensures appropriate documentation and reporting of procedures and test results.
• Contributes through analytical work to the resolution of customer complaints.
• Effectively practices Performance Based Management by coaching and developing employees, direct as well as matrix reports, assuring effective alignment with Cabot objectives.
• Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
• Knowledge in QA/QC testing procedures and techniques, laboratory procedures and equipment; Statistical Process Control. Understanding of product uniformity/variation. Knowledge of laboratory equipment safe use, calibration and maintenance. Knowledge of Lab Information Management systems (LIMS); material safety data sheets; ISO compliance.
• Safety mindset; knowledge of accident/near-miss investigation/reporting procedures.
• Accuracy / Attention to Detail. Problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to gather, analyze and draw well-reasoned conclusions.
• Leadership and supervisory skills in order to manage laboratory activities and work performance of staff.
• Bachelor/University degree in technical discipline with minimum three years relevant experience OR high school degree with minimum five years experience.
About the Company
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.