Cajun Industries, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Site Safety Coordinator
at Cajun Industries, LLC
- Job ID
- 01 - Infrastructure
- Physical Location
- Geismar, LA 19-006
More information about this job
The Site Safety Coordinator is accountable for the maintenance of S.T.A.R.T., target behavior, and compliance with safety and health standards, through direct intervention and support of the project managers and superintendents. Must identify, correct and report behavior and conditions which may jeopardize Cajun's goal of a safe and healthy workplace. The Safety Supervisor is not an inspector or a policeman, although the performance of his or her job may involve inspection and enforcement. He or she is accountable for managing – making S.T.AR.T and safety work by utilizing and involving all the resources of Cajun.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Assist in Pre-job planning beginning with support to our Estimators and Project Managers. Job planning with the Superintendent will continue throughout the job before new activities begin.
- Assist Construction Services in the management of Worker’s Compensation, Auto, Equipment and General Liability claims.
- Enforce and monitor orientation, training, pre-job planning, pre-task planning, near-miss accident reporting and investigation, accident investigations, jobsite self-inspections which maintain Cajun’s Zero Injury Goal and meets Cajun, Client and government requirements.
- Teach specific classes within their experience and qualifications such as Cajun Qualified Driver Training, Spotter Flagger Training, etc.
- Investigate and report on all serious accidents and near-miss accidents, in addition to the superintendent’s initial investigation. This includes all disabling injuries and any accidents or near misses of a serious nature.
- Responsible for enforcing Cajun’s alcohol and substance abuse policy and maintaining emergency response, medical and first aid services on site. Actively pursue corrective measures in anticipation of hazard.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on safety and health performance of Supervisory Personnel to the Superintendent and Managers to whom they report.
- Monitor and evaluate use of recognition awards by the Superintendent to reward goal-directed employee behavior.
- Maintain documentation in the form of Job Safety and Health Recommendations, Weekly Activity Reports and Monthly Jobsite Evaluations.
- Stop work, which to his or her knowledge is eminently dangerous.
- Assist in escorting personnel to the company physician for evaluation.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs., but may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions
- Will need to perform sedentary to heavy work
- Will operate office equipment of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, reaching overhead, squatting, sitting or standing and lifting
- Must be able to manipulate and traverse uneven terrain, ladders, and multi-floor buildings with no elevator
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to drive cars/trucks as needed
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Talking and reading & writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details