Cajun Industries, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Site Safety Manager
at Cajun Industries, LLC
- Job ID
- Cajun Industries, LLC
- Physical Location
- Garyville 19-057
More information about this job
The Site Safety Manager is responsible for both the administration and guidance of management on Corporate/Client safety, health, and environmental programs on the site level. Must maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and regulations including but not limited to OSHA, MSHA, EPA and company policies and procedures.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Conduct surveys, audits, investigations, and gather information and data as required.
- Initiate and maintain safety awareness programs and also foster such programs to improve awareness.
- Develop programs that will address inadequacies in the safety and health program.
- Maintain records, reports, and documents that may be required to meet corporate and/or regulatory requirements.
- Analyze safety problems and recommend solutions.
- Perform routine inspections, monitoring, and analysis of work area.
- Assist in evaluating personnel for competency prior to designation as “Competent Persons.”
- Teach specific classes within their experience and qualifications such as Cajun Qualified Driver Training, Spotter Flagger Training, etc.
- Assist in escorting personnel to the company physician for evaluation.
- Set and review health and safety guidelines in order to minimize accidents and injuries.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs., but may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions
- Will need to perform sedentary to heavy work
- Will operate office equipment of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, reaching overhead, squatting, sitting or standing and lifting
- Must be able to manipulate and traverse uneven terrain, ladders, and multi-floor buildings with no elevator
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to drive cars/trucks as needed
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Talking and reading & writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details