Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job TitleConstruction Director
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Construction Director is the leader of industrial construction projects in the Oil, Gas and Chemicals strategic business unit. This position is responsible for the overall operations of our large capital construction projects throughout the United States ranging from $10M - $200M in value. The Construction Director will have responsibility, authority, and accountability to support the planning and execution of projects and programs of strategic importance. Responsibilities include execution, planning, effective budgeting, operational and financial oversight. They will also assist in the implementation of strategic business plans that support the company's continued integration of other initiatives and project delivery support to ensure consistency with company goals.
This position involves a high level of responsibility requiring best in class construction experience, strong interpersonal skills, excellent management skills, and the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of company management, internal and external stakeholders, and customers. Required experience includes the ability to mentor senior staff, project management professionals, and members of project teams in project execution deliverables.
- Commitment to safety and track record of recordable incident-free projects
- Minimum of 20+ years of direct and relevant industrial large capital construction industry project management experience is required. Lump sum experience is preferred.
- Proven, consistent, successful prior performance managing large and complex projects/programs
- Knowledge and experience of contract administration and contract management, CPM scheduling, project logic development, and project planning
- Thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, and standards, and their impact on project activities
- In-depth expertise in managing fixed price, cost reimbursable and/or hybrid commercial structure construction projects.
- Ensure work is within a pre-scheduled budget and is completed expeditiously with accuracy and exceptional quality and within organization's policy and by-laws
- Keep abreast of developments and changes within the industry and competitors
- Ability to allocate staff and resources to meet objectives and investigate and implement ways to improve the efficiency of a service or operation
- Participate in bid reviews and project status review meetings in a leadership capacity
- Facilitate project reviews to ensure the status and performance data is provided to management and stakeholders
- Travel throughout the United States as needed to pursue new opportunities and manage projects
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills essential with management, project team, customers, and other stakeholders
- BS degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field
- Formal Project Management foundation coursework, knowledge and high level of experience in PM Methods and Earned Value Systems
Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or advanced degree in applicable field desirable