Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director Global Supply Chain
Job TitleDirector Global Supply Chain
Director, Global Supply Chain - Commercial in Baton Rouge, LA or Houston, TX. Oversee and support the Global Supply Chain team on the Commercial businesses including Oil, Gas & Chemical and Industrial, Commercial & Power. Responsible for setting the tone, direction and path forward for the Supply Chain resources in Procurement and Subcontracts in charting the most effective path in support of project execution. Represent Supply Chain across the business internally by driving best practices and processes and building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Lead and manage the Commercial Supply Chain team to effectively execute the procurement and subcontracts functions on EPC projects
- Develop and scale processes, policies, procedures and forms for the applicable scopes of work and to ensure the success of the Supply Chain organization
- Organize the Procurement and Subcontracts functions and staff appropriately, in order to have the right number of resources with the necessary skillsets to perform effectively, while meeting utilization goals
- Manage and monitor the Commercial Supply Chain team's performance by creating key metrics and reports and assess/review performance on regular basis
- Lead communications and build relationships with key functions across the company such as Finance, Legal, Estimating, Construction, Business Development and others, to understand the ebbs and flows of the business and create and agile and responsive organization
- Be the primary contact for the SBU Presidents and their key Project/Program Management personnel
- Liaison with team members in Logistics, Material Management, Category Management to drive strong "end-to-end" execution
- Collaborate around inter-departmental process improvement initiatives
- Source, compete, negotiate and award Strategic Alliances with suppliers to support all APTIM Strategic Business Units.
- Perform supplier relationship management at a national level, which includes monitoring supplier performance and obtaining customer feedback.
- Track and report savings per the specified format, on a recurring and ongoing basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven and significant experience (15 -- 20 years) in the end-to-end Supply Chain function, across various the Oil & Gas, Chemical, Power, Industrial and Commercial EPC businesses
- Thorough professional with specific EPC and projects experience across a wide size and type of project scopes including lump sum work
- Self-driven individual possessing the capability to participate in setting long term strategic goals and plans for the business and driving the team in day-to-day tactical activities, to achieve said goals
- Minimum, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience with industry best practices in aggregating spend data for purposes of increasing market leverage and improving overall execution
- Experience with typical industrial and project materials, equipment and services
- Experience with developing interfaces between multiple legacy business systems to derive overall procurement functionality to enable strategic commercial decisions
- Experience in the development of requirements for work processes and tools to improve execution and fulfilment
- Must have understanding of sensitivity of cross-functional inputs and needs for global spend information, including engineering, estimating, internal audit, and sales
Excellent communication skills
What We Do:
Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Watch our " How We Make a Difference " Video.
Who We Are:
APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services. Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.