Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Logistics and Material Specialist
Job TitleSenior Logistics and Material Specialist
Senior Logistics & Material Specialist support Bill of Material inputs and Scope of Supply generation across all Engineering disciplines of the project. Assists various discipline Requisitioning Engineers with input into the Bill of Material input files, checking Bill of Material files, entry of Bills of Material into the Material Management System, and the generation of SoS for input into requisition packages.
* The Logistics & Material Specialist is responsible for processing and maintaining integrity of a Project's bill of materials within the Material Management System; processing material requirements into Scopes of Supply reports; and supporting the Project's Material Manager and the Material Management Process.
* Responsible to become fully knowledgeable of all relevant work processes, systems and tools, to apply them on the projects, and to provide input for improvement when applicable.
* Assist Logistics and Material Managers and Project Material Managers in ensuring that Material Requisition (MR) packages are released to Procurement according to the project plan.
* Support Engineering requisition activities relating to Material Management System and assisting various discipline Requisition Engineer's with their input into Bill of Material import files.
* Validate Bill of Material data (does not include technical checking of such files).
* Runs all applicable verifications in the Material Management System. Reports any concerning problems to Key Users and/or Logistics and Material Managers.
* Processes Bill of Material data released by engineering disciplines into the Bill of Material module in the CMS Bill of Material hierarchy format.
* Assist Lead in performing early forecasting for Construction Work front planning and assist in providing Material Take Off close-out reports.
* Reports processing errors to the applicable Discipline Lead and monitors and tracks resolutions.
* Reports surpluses and shortages to Logistics and Material Managers.
* Issues Bill of Material and requisition reports as directed by the Project Team.
* Provides support to project users of the Bill of Material and requisition functions.
* Liaises with Procurement, construction and engineering disciplines Leads throughout the lifecycle of the project.
* Performs system releases to procurement after approval.
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelors degree desired in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance, Operations, Engineering or related field desired.
- Excellent communications skills; oral and written.
- Logistics and Material Management experience Operational Management experience, or industry experience in Engineering, Oil & Gas, Environmental, Procurement and Construction.