Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Manager
Job TitleSenior Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for all matters pertaining to the project and the execution of that project in accordance with the contract and the, quality, quantities, schedule and financial goals. This individual has bottom line responsibility for the financial and technical success of the project, is responsible for all deliverables of the work produced and is accountable to APTIM Management and to the client for the project team's performance. The Project Manager must be intimately familiar with and manage work to baseline documents: Contract, Scope of Work, Execution Plan, Schedule, Estimate, Business and Profitability Plan and Risk Management Plan.
- Primary functions include complying with APTIM's business & legal policies, managing client expectations, protecting the Company from unnecessary risks, managing resources for the project, providing leadership, and serving as a focal point for client communication.
- Will assist in scoping, planning, coordinating, and execution of project
- Act as Process and Planning Lead
- The Project Manager is also responsible for project forecasting as well as participation in the sales process by providing project management leadership during the pre-contract effort.
- Additional responsibilities include a complete understanding of the Contract and the "as-sold" scope of work and communicating them to the project team; and the establishment and communication of project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Works closely with the client, APTIM's management, and project leads and provides direction and coordination of all project team members.
- On larger projects, will also supervise the work of other Project Managers who are assigned to specific components or units of the overall project.
- Development of plans, specifications, analyses, evaluations, maps, position papers, procedures and reports.
- Communication of technical concepts, evaluation results, plans, reports, etc. via oral presentations; and ensures conformance to applicable technical standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- BS Degree and a minimum of 15+ years of experience.
- Provides leadership, mentoring and guidance to others
- Is a lead contributor; may participate in development of business strategy
- Has developed depth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines
- Applies expertise to the most complex problems; coordinates work outside own area of expertise
- Anticipates customer needs to influence the development of innovative solutions
- Anticipates internal/external business and regulatory issues; recommends process/product improvements
- Manages resource requirements and business needs for projects
- Anticipates problems; develops innovative solutions and ensures solutions are consistent with organizational objectives
- Develops and manages plans to achieve objectives; participates in the development of business strategy
- Presents highly complex ideas and anticipates potential objections; influences others
- Takes leadership role; acts as a facilitator and mentor.
What We Do:
Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Watch our " How We Make a Difference " Video.
Who We Are:
APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services. Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.