Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lk Chas Automation Control Engineer
- Requisition #
- Lake Charles
- # of Openings
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical or Electrical)
- 5+ years of Process Control experience (including co-op/internship), highly preferred
- Refining and/or petrochemical experience preferred
- Experience with Honeywell and/or Emerson DeltaV DCS systems is highly preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License required
The Maritime Transportation Security Act requires all persons who will need unescorted access to a regulated facility to have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), issued in accordance with the rules established by the United States Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration. Candidates selected for employment must meet eligibility criteria to obtain a TWIC card.
The following link lists the eligible criteria for all persons trying to obtain a TWIC card https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
To obtain more information on the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), please visit the Transportation Security Administration’s website https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
(Equal Opportunity Employer)
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, CITGO Petroleum Corporation is a recognized leader in the refining industry with a well-known brand. CITGO operates three refineries located in Corpus Christi, Texas; Lake Charles, La.; and Lemont, Ill., and wholly and/or jointly owns 48 terminals, nine pipelines and three lubricants blending and packaging plants. With approximately 3,400 employees and a combined crude capacity of approximately 749,000 barrels-per-day (bpd), CITGO is ranked as the sixth-largest, and one of the most complex independent refiners in the United States. CITGO transports and markets transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and other industrial products and supplies a network of approximately 5,200 locally owned and operated branded retail outlets in 30 states and the District of Columbia. CITGO Petroleum Corporation is owned by CITGO Holding, Inc. For more information, visit www.CITGO.com.
As an Automation Advanced Process Control Engineer, primary responsibilities will include daily review of existing basic and advanced process control applications, which includes:
- Troubleshooting activities and performing routine work efforts to maintain and improve process control utilization and reliability
- Providing routine work efforts to maintain and improve unit performance
- Designing, reviewing, and modifying regulatory and advanced regulatory control loops and regulatory loop tuning, alarm and point configuration and console operator HMI graphics
- Providing project management on new capital automation projects at the basic, advanced regulatory, or APC levels
- Providing project support on capital projects with significant automation scope; supporting MOC and/or project manager with process control modifications
- Acting as a process control subject matter expert for process hazards analysis, process design modifications, risk assessment review, alarm management, and incident investigations