City National Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Delivery Team Manager
at City National Bank
This position is responsible for leading the successful delivery of solutions across a variety of new technologies as well as overseeing program management for new technology initiatives across multiple business units. This position leads a team of project resources focused on delivering the bank's high priority technology initiatives and is actively engaged in day to day activities as needed. The person in this role engages with all levels of staff and management in the technology and business units. This role operates in a fast-paced environment with teams of motivated colleagues to deliver high quality solutions that add value to colleague and client experiences. Successful incumbent will be capable of working in a rapidly changing industry/environment, can tolerate ambiguity, demonstrate problem-solving leadership and act as a change agent at both the organizational level and via solutions delivery.
- *Bachelor's degree
- *Minimum 10 years of experience in IT
- *Minimum 7 years of experience in Program/Project Management and/or Application Management
- *Minimum 5 years of experience in Financial Services
Skills and Knowledge:
- 10+ years of program/project management experience with a proven track record for delivering projects and driving execution.
- 5+ years of experience managing direct report teams preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of program/project management in an environment employing a variety of software development methodologies (agile, iterative, waterfall, etc).
- Demonstrated experience and success in influencing, leading, and coaching without direct leadership responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, effective decision making, and conflict resolution skills. Ability to negotiate or persuade others in complex situations.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with highly technical and business management teams.
- Ability to build, manage and sustain strong collaborative and productive relationships with business partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating and leading project management teams.
- Strong people management skills, including an understanding of how to attract, develop and retain talented individuals and experience in identifying and implementing training & development plans.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic initiatives within a technical and/or business environment.
- Understanding of finance and capital budgeting principles.
- Understanding of end-to-end project and software development lifecycles.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor (outsourced) environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates resilience and flexibility when presented with challenges or changing priorities.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Business & Tech Services
BATS-Proj Mgt Serv/2Cal-32004N
CNB @ 2Cal-CA15