City National Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Compliance Analyst
at City National Bank
Job Reference #: 5000469415406
Perform compliance monitoring and testing to ensure compliance with consumer protection laws and regulations across small business and commercial lending. Determine degree of compliance and identify regulatory risk issues. Provide subject matter expertise, guidance and technical assistance. Assist in the development and maintenance of compliance policies, procedures and compliance review programs.
- *Minimum 5 year's compliance experience in a banking or lending environment required
- *Minimum 3 year's experience working with Federal and State lending and compliance regulatory matters
- *Minimum 3 year's experience with Microsoft Office required
- Perform complex compliance exams adhering to an established schedule. Participate in all phases of the compliance exam process including planning, testing, evaluating risk, identifying mitigating controls, developing conclusions, writing reports and maintaining work papers.
- Monitor all open compliance findings until satisfactorily resolved. Escalate status as warranted. Conduct formal follow-up to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of actions taken. Prepare reports of results for senior management
- Assist in developing and maintaining compliance monitoring programs and periodic testing procedures, including work papers and report formats.
- Assist with data collection and preparation of the annual risk analysis in support of the risk-based compliance and monitoring framework.
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations and policies as well as regulatory best practices related to small business and commercial lending and servicing impacting monitoring and testing programs and make updates as necessary. Maintain current knowledge of legislative developments, State and Federal laws and regulations as well as regulatory guidance and industry best practices related to consumer compliance.
- Establish and test regulatory compliance procedures and recommend changes and/or enhancements to policies and procedures, as well as, develop the necessary training.
- Partner with internal audit and corporate compliance to remediate compliance audit findings identified in internal and external examinations.
- Identify compliance training needs and develop the appropriate training
Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of small business lending and servicing, commercial lending, commercial servicing and consumer servicing laws, regulations and requirements.
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required to interact with all levels of colleagues and outside contacts.
- Regulatory or Compliance Audit experience with a regulated financial institution is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of related state and Federal banking regulations Reg. B, Reg. Z, RESPA, HMDA, Fair Housing, FCRA/FACTA etc
- Must become an expert on City National Bank policies.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to provide clear guidance understand procedures, interpret regulations.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while performing duties.
- Ability to effectively train and guide others in a classroom or one-on-one environment.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
CNB @ 2Cal-CA15