City of Shreveport
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Shreveport
Pay: up to $28523.16/year
Salary : $2,376.93 / Month
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2545108
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||MECHANIC AUTOMOTIVE|
|Closing Date/Time:||Fri. 10/04/19 12:00 PM Central Time|
|Salary:||$2,376.93 / Month|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Location:||Police, Support, Louisiana|
|1. Under supervision, uses hand tools, timing devices and specialized electronic equipment to maintain and repair automotive vehicles and other operating equipment.|
2. Performs general automotive repair and maintenance tasks.
3. Analyzes and determines cause of malfunctions to automotive and/or vehicles, light, medium, and heavy equipment.
4. Repairs, removes, replaces and installs ignition systems, lights, instrument panels, brakes, radios, heaters, mirrors, windshield wipers and other components, parts and units.
5. Receives work orders and selects appropriate tools and material.
6. May require test driving vehicles after repair completion.
7. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
| Minimum Qualifications:|
|1) High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.|
2) Must have a valid operator's license.
3) At least 2 years in progressively responsible automotive repair experience or
graduation from an accredited two (2) year technical program in automotive repair.
4) Ability to use independent judgment in planning sequence of operations in selecting proper tools and materials: ability to attain prescribed qualitative standards.
5) Manual-hand-finger dexterity and eye-hand-foot coordination.
1. While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
2. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical conditions.
3. Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock or vibrations.
4. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
1. Employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
2. Occasionally required to stand; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear.
3. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
4. Requires specific vision abilities including close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Some local travel will be required to accomplish job assignments and visit job sites.
Senior Certified Mechanic