Enercon Industries Corporation.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Enercon Industries Corporation.
ENERCON is currently seeking an experienced Transmission Engineer for our Power Delivery Division in our Baton Rouge, LA location. This is a unique and challenging opportunity to design transmission solutions for our clients and a variety of other duties to meet client expectations and accomplish positive, bottom line results. The individual selected for this position will have an exemplary background in transmission engineering design, be a strategic planner, excellent communicator and have a drive for meet challenges head on.
In this role your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Design transmission lines from 69 kV to 765 kV
- Strategize and meet with peers and clients to determine specific project needs and requirements such as conductor selection, pole utilization, and route optimization
- Work with vendors to identify potential materials, equipment and new design solutions to solve dynamic client requirements
- Utilize PLS-CADD to review and check transmission line models, conductor sags, plan and profile drawings, and verify right of way requirements
- Coordinate small design teams as needed in order to develop budgets, prepare scoping documents, design criteria, and project deliverables.
- Provide clients with engineering assistance during construction, and be available to attend construction meetings, coordination efforts and community outreach as needed.
- Other duties as required
As a qualified candidate, you will have the above experience and meet the below requirements:
- BS in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program
- 5+ years’ experience with transmission line design
- Familiarity and working knowledge of appropriate design techniques, tools and software involved in the production of project deliverables including plan and profile drawings, structure utilization reports, and material coordination.
- Solid knowledge of NESC, IEEE, ASCE 7 and AISC
- Solid knowledge of PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER, AutoCAD and foundation design software such as MFAD, L-Pile or similar
- Fluent in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Existing client relationships considered a plus
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings,
- Ability to pass ENERCON and client specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel length may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few days to a few weeks
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
ENERCON Services Inc. is a long standing and well -respected engineering and technical services consulting company. We provide premier services to companies in the energy, utility and industrial sectors, as well as to governmental agencies across the U.S. and internationally. ENERCON is fully owned by our employees and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities.