Engenius Tech, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IDMS Solutions Engineer
at Engenius Tech, Inc
New Orleans, LA
# of openings:
IDMS Solutions Engineer
Work Location: New Orleans LA
We have a job opportunity for an expert-level Integrated Data Management System (IDMS) Solutions Engineer based at our Government customer's site in New Orleans LA. The IDMS Solutions Engineer will work to support, sustain, and continuously improve the capabilities and daily operations of this Government Agency's enterprise-wide IDMS. This position requires a subject matter expert (SME) in storing, manipulating, retrieving, and integrating data within and across more than 20 software components comprised of SQL-based operational relational databases, primarily related to human resources, payroll, and human capital management internal functions managed by the Government Agency. This position also requires a level of expertise to lead implementation of initiatives, enhance applications, and recommend new methods to improve database performance that enhances the users’ productivity.
Specific responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Apply excellent communication skills as the primary interface to the Customer’s internal enterprise applications IT team and internal user community to ensure continuous, smooth, and responsive performance of the IDMS.
- Strategically design and implement database solutions across the organization, while ensuring high levels of data availability.
- Create and maintain SQL databases required for development, testing, and production usage.
- Apply best practices for tuning SQL databases to improve overall system performance.
- Apply SME-level SQL programming skills to develop, design, update, and automate reports.
- Provide data integration solutions across systems.
- Create system interface specifications, field mapping, and system process designs.
- Define standards and models for database architectures.
- Create new SQL databases as required, enforces/maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the SQL database.
- Design/develop Extraction Transformation & Loading (ETL) structures to handle data from multiple sources by using SSIS in SQL Server 2008/2017 environments.
- Guide database logical and physical design and performance tuning on queries.
- Monitor performance and tune from physical server-, database-, and query level.
- Control changes to databases, reference data, and menus through the development life cycle.
- Lead effort to gather/confirm/develop/implement requirements for system changes.
- Gain approval on proposed database structure changes and software releases before implementing changes into the production environment.
- Guide the design, building, testing, and deployment of applications to production environment.
- Manage and/or lead phases of the development/maintenance of approved database projects.
- Ensure all application design and code produced is reviewed and adheres to site standards.
- Manage application configuration changes to support changing organizational initiatives.
- Research interfaces to identify/code required updates to support integration
- Assist application developers and system administrators in ensuring that any new SQL products or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Maintain operational procedures and generally provide guidance on SQL Server operation.
- Create server specifications for new SQL Server builds.
- Provide SQL Server Developer support to customer’s existing team.
- Create capacity plans, high availability solutions, and upgrade strategies.
- Optimize execution efficiency in MS SQL Server environment.
- Administer SQL objects (tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures).
- Troubleshoot all problems regarding SQL databases, applications, and development tools.
- Analyze impact of system issues on the overall enterprise operations.
- Research, plan, test, and apply application fixes/patches/upgrades or other mitigation actions.
- Continually investigate methods to improve system reliability and performance.
- Stay knowledgeable on new SQL Server functions and emerging technologies.
- Lead customer initiatives to enhance or upgrade capabilities.
- Automate monitoring using industry standard monitoring tools.
- Manage development/implementation schedule; deliver based on project timeline.
- Design database backup/restoration strategy to recover data to point of time or pre-outage.
- Configure high-availability as part of a disaster recovery strategy for the databases.
- Ensure data/databases are fully secured and comply with Government regulations.
- Proactively provide desk-side, phone, or online assistance to enhance user productivity.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to team members and system users.
- Apply excellent communication skills to help others understand the value of technology and its impact on supporting key Agency objectives.
- Experience in creating, implementing, and managing database administration programs
- Demonstrated SME-level knowledge of SQL and SQL query development
- Experience in applying industry-standard best practices, principles, methods, and techniques used in all phases of installation, administration, and maintenance of database systems
- Technical knowledge of and experience with installing, upgrading, configuring and deploying multi-tier applications
- Experience in administering and tuning SQL Server databases
- Experience with SQL Queries, stored procedures, database objects, and reporting
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, Transact SQL, Classic ASP; ASP.Net, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, Rational ClearCase, and Web Design
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Strong understanding of technical applications, report writing, and development tools/utilities
- Strong understanding of database design/architecture in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Database administration operations experience in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Strong hands-on experience in database performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems.
- Hands-on experience with requirements gathering/analysis.
- Experience reviewing database performance trends/identifying improvement opportunities
- Expert knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, clustering, database mirroring, and replication.
- Expert knowledge of SQL Reporting Services and Integration Services
- Expert in implementing operational automation
- Experience in data modeling, query design/optimization, stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Experience in integrating enterprise business applications
- Ability to create intuitive documentation for IT processes, procedures, and application details
- Strong knowledge in database backups, restores and recovery models
- Proficiency in SQL replication that includes Transactional Replication, Always On Availability Groups (AG), mirroring, log shipping, maintenance plans and DR recovery strategies
- Capable to develop T-SQL stored procedures, functions, and PowerShell scripts to automate processes and improve system performance
- Knowledge of data mapping with logical and physical data modeling
- Expert in managing local and SAN data storage for SQL Server databases
- Knowledge related to computer hardware including networks and storage devices (SANS)
- Ability to work with and provide technical leadership to other team members
- Experience with web application development in the .Net platform
- Knowledge of services-oriented architecture
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Deltek Costpoint, Vision, Time and Expense systems
- Ability to work independently to establish priorities and meet customer deadlines and quality requirements of multiple tasks
- Five+ years of enterprise applications system administration/development experience
- Five+ years of experience in developing MS-SQL database applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a technical field, or equivalent experience
- Microsoft SQL Server certification(s) is a major plus
- Proven project management experience
enGenius Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
M / F / D / V