Engenius Tech, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mainframe Systems Programmer
at Engenius Tech, Inc
New Orleans, LA
# of openings:
Job Title: Mainframe Systems Programmer
Work Location: National Finance Center in New Orleans, Louisiana
Employment Type: Contingent upon award
Skill Requirements (must have): US Citizenship and Must pass Federal Background checks
- 5+ years of mainframe/server/networking support experience (IBM zSeries Mainframe Equipment preferred).
- At least 5+ years experience in installing, maintaining, patching, and tuning some or all of the following z/OS associated program products: JES2, FTP, USS (Unix System Services), TN3270, TCP/IP, HSM, RMF Reporting, DFSMS, DFSORT, VTAM and Mainframe network, Including Enterprise Extender.
- At least 5+ years experience in installing, maintaining, patching, and tuning some or all of the following z/OS associated program components: SMF facilities, including recording, processing, reporting, and retention, OSA adapters, Encryption functions, Coupling Facility, Parallel Sysplex, and all structures and streams within, Workload Manger and Intelligent Resource Director, System and User Catalogs, IOCDS and the HMC, All DASD and the SKLM system.
Desired Skill Requirements: Mainframe Systems Programmer who will be responsible to support National Finance Center (NFC) z/OS infrastructure by providing system administration support to include review and implementation of requirements developed by the government as it relates to Operating System patching, STIG compliance, IAVM Security patching and Operating System metrics.
- Prepare Point Papers consisting of Background, Discussion and recommendations documenting analysis as requested by the government.
- Provide Monthly Status reports.
- Identify compatibility and scalability of z/OS infrastructure as it relates to NFC applications.
- Evaluate, recommend, integrate, and implement new system architectures, tools, techniques and related design artifacts.
- Understand and adhere to industry standards, guidelines and policies for the use and integration of technology. Also review the legacy environments and recommend changes to reduce potential production issues.
- Shall analyze system performance indicators to provide both problem circumvention and tuning opportunity reports.
- Assist the government and engineering with software upgrade planning, testing, and implementation.
- Assist with system recovery and restore from backup tapes in the event of system failure.
- Ensure that all applications, networks, servers, or associated devices procured and/or connected to a U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) network for the purposes of integration and sustainment have completed proper registration and received USDA government approval.
- Ensure space for growth and proper utilization.
- Execute the Configuration Management (CM) process in accordance with NFC processes.
- Work with the other server and network teams to identify operational characteristics, determining the presence of a problem, identifying possible solutions, selecting the most appropriate solution, and implementing that solution in a timely manner in accordance with NFC Engineering Change Process (ECP).
- Manage patching cycles, and application configurations of our complex z/OS technical infrastructure.
- Shall perform root cause analysis for items related to the scope of this work order.
- Perform upgrade and patching of all the z/OS related components when required.
- Shall provide upgrade/migration plan(s) prior to upgrade/migration to later version(s) of COTS software, to include risk, impact analysis and mitigation strategies.
- Review and analyze vendor-supplied utilities, software packages and engineering releases for the environment.
- Support Recovery, Integrity, Availability, Scalability and Performance of NFC’s z/OS infrastructure and related components.
- Implement SSH and AT-TLS within z/OS as a pilot project.
- Convert Existing SAS reporting to RMF reporting.
Education/Equivalent: Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field.
Travel Required: None
enGenius Consulting Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
M / F / D / V