Engenius Tech, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SQL Database Administrator/Application Analyst
at Engenius Tech, Inc
New Orleans, LA
# of openings:
Work Location: New Orleans LA
We have a job opportunity for a junior-level SQL Database Administrator/Application Analyst for our Government customer in New Orleans LA. This position will support and assist the IDMS Solutions Engineer with Microsoft SQL Server database development and administration functions including installation, configuration, upgrading, backup, maintenance, availability, disaster recovery, troubleshooting, security, and monitoring of system performance.
Basic functions of the junior-level SQL Database Administrator/Application Analyst include:
- Support the efficient operation/maintenance of database, application, and web servers.
- Provide daily application administration and maintenance as requested by the customer.
- Support application development, integration, and interface testing and documentation.
- Perform general installation, administration, and maintenance of SQL Server database instances in development, testing, staging, and production environments.
- Assist in applying data modeling techniques meet integration and performance expectations.
- Assist on database projects such as new software releases, patch upgrades, security, and audits.
- Coordinate, document, and manage software upgrades.
- Migrate SQL databases to new servers.
- Develop/monitor/report on key performance metrics.
- Assist in testing all application customizations to ensure functionality and data validity.
- Document application customizations; use the documentation as a basis for training curriculum.
- Monitor and apply latest service packs for SQL Servers.
- Monitor and manage database security.
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Work with vendor technical support to facilitate analysis of and resolution to technical issues.
- Perform remote installations, database maintenance activities, and upgrades.
- Work closely with Government team to maintain services per Service Level Agreement.
- Troubleshoot various system issues that arise in day-to-day work.
- Troubleshoot application errors and coordinate vendor support where necessary.
- Handle service requests, incidents, enhancements, tasks, or questions from Government users.
- Analyze root cause of incidents and make recommendations for system improvements.
- React to alerts and warnings raised by monitoring system: diagnose, resolve, and/or escalate.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance after hours.
- Assist customers and technical staff with database access and usage.
- Handle inquiries (via phone/web/fax/email).
- Answer and troubleshoot calls in a live environment.
- Document calls per our policies & procedures.
- Complete and document work orders.
- Minimum of two years of experience managing routine operations and maintenance of databases to ensure their reliable and efficient performance
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL for database development and maintenance
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Basic understanding of Registry Software
- Experience with Citrix, Virtualization, Windows administration, and network administration (strongly desired)
- Experience with SQL installation on standalone and cluster servers (desired)
- Basic knowledge of Transact SQL, Stored Procedures and Views (desired)
- Experience with VB/VBA, scripting languages (desired)
- Experience with multiple versions of SQL Server (2008 -2017) (desired)
- Experience in configuration and administration of database security (desired)
- Basic technical skills in PC/Network Computing
- Good, general IT knowledge that allows to further develop IT skills – SQL, Java EE 7, Oracle Database 12c, Oracle WebLogic Server, Linux/UNIX, Java, relational databases (desired)
- Desire to build technical expertise via on-the-job training and experience
- Experience supporting Financial, Accounting, or HR database systems (desired)
- An interest in working with data, including data modelling and data migrations
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to work in a highly-matrixed, team-oriented environment
- Work within the defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision from the IDMS Solutions Engineer
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
enGenius Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
M / F / D / V