Fidelity Homestead Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance Specialist - Loans
at Fidelity Homestead Savings Bank
LA - Metairie
# of Openings:
This position is located in Metairie, LA 70002
The Loan Compliance Specialist will oversee the bank's compliance will all loan/lending operations regulations.
- Minimum GED or High School Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- In-depth knowledge of federal consumer protection laws, regulations and associated guidance, such as: Reg D Reg E, Reg CC, Reg DD, Reg B, Reg Z, Reg X, Reg C (HMDA), Flood, FCRA/FACTA and UDAP/UDAAP
- Extensive knowledge of financial institution polcies and procedures
- Good organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of transactional testing and loan process as it relates to the regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate policies, procedures, training and regulatory correspondence
- Extensive ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations, trade journals and legal documents
- Must be able to respond to common inquiries from regulatory agencies, courts and outside consultants
- Strong working knowledge of microsoft programs: especially Excel and Word
- Detail and task oriented
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively manage time
- Ability to research and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Associate’s degree in related field.
Specific Job Functions:
- Under the direction of the Compliance Director, performs periodic compliance risk assessments to determine areas of compliance exposing risk to the Bank and the extent of risk for each regulation
- Conduct internal monitoring revies on loan compliance regulation applicable products, services, and markets in accordance with internal monitoring schedule and departmental standards
- Track new and proposed regulatory compliance developments for loan compliance regulations
- Review policies and procedures for compliance with applicable lending laws and regulations
- Assist Compliance Director and HR Training staff with the developmnet of training materials to directors, management and staff regarding consumer protection laws and regulations relating to lending/loan operations or other areas of expertise
- Provide compliance support to bank personnel with questions and/or concerns
- Complies with regulatory rules and regulations, evidenced through successful completion of training and demonstrated ability
- Performs other duties as appointed by management
Fidelity Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.