Arthur J. Gallagher
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Gallagher Sales Intern GSIP
at Arthur J. Gallagher
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The two-fold purpose of the Gallagher Summer Intern Program is to provide each intern with a chance to assess a career in insurance brokering, while Gallagher evaluates their potential as a future insurance broker. During your internship, you will:
- Learn about our business by successfully completing required online training and taking advantage of a variety of on-the-job training opportunities that are offered;
- Participate in Gallagher's Summer Intern Orientation in Itasca, Illinois. Successful participation involves networking with other interns from around the country, attending all lectures, completing all assignments, and serving as an active team member;
- Accompany producers as they meet with clients, prospects and underwriters so that you can gain an understanding of the sales and marketing processes within our business;
- Assist in our renewal and new business processes in order to learn what goes on behind the scenes in a sales office, and to provide value by handling some of the workload. This phase involves the gathering of information, the electronic input of data, and the completion of applications, submissions and proposals;
- Become familiar with the service functions of our business. These service functions include, but are not limited to: initiating correspondence, file setup, processing invoices and check requests, handling various accounting issues, issuing certificates, and processing endorsements, audits, auto ID cards, and schedules of insurance;
- Share miscellaneous office duties, as needed. Provide assistance with special projects as assigned;
- Become familiar with your branch's agency management system, computer resource network and pertinent software utilized by the division;
- Receive direction and guidance from branch Intern Coordinator and/or Branch Manager;
- Work closely on a daily basis with producers, Customer Service Representatives (CSR) and other branch personnel to gain hands-on experience;
- Build relationships with other summer interns, both in the branch and around the country;
- Learn and experience enough about our business, our company and the responsibilities of an insurance broker that you can make a solid decision as to whether or not this career path is for you.
- Upcoming college junior or senior with a 2.5 minimum GPA
- Above average mathematical skills
- Proficient with computers, including MS Office and email applications
- Adherence to Gallagher Code of Ethics and standards for professional conduct in the workplace
- "Works well with people; a good team player
- Is receptive to coaching and mentoring
- Organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to compose clear, concise, and grammatically correct correspondence and documents.
- Self-starter; works with minimal supervision
- Track record of competitive success.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older by June 1st, 2011
- Expected graduation before May 1st, 2013
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Arthur J Gallagher & Co. hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Arthur J Gallagher & Co. will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute the Company's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic.? Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.