General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Quality Analyst
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Information Technology
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a
Quality Assurance Analyst / New Orleans, LA
Position requires a Government Background Investigation
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Quality Assurance Analyst in New Orleans, LA.
Successful candidate must be able to pass a government background investigation. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and a resident of the US for the previous 3 years with no longer than a 90 day absence.
Assists in the review and evaluation of software products and systems to ensure adherence to customer quality standards; develops software/systems testing procedures and conducts tests; analyzes and documents IV&V issues; presents IV&V results; works under general supervision.
- Develops repeatable test cases based on customer requirements; maintains requirements traceability matrix
- Reviews and evaluates application builds to ensure adherence to customer requirements and standards
- Facilitate and/or participate in structured walk-through and peer reviews
- Participate in the coordination and execution of release testing
- Determine and meet time estimates and schedules for testing efforts
- Participate in project planning/sprint planning activities
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
Must have at least two years’ related experience in quality assurance and/or software engineering. Must also have experience with Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) and system configuration.
- Familiarity with different types of testing (system integration, regression, functional, unit, performance, etc.) and an ability to plan/execute accordingly
- Ability to develop test conditions and expected results based on the application requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication (ability to translate between business and technical concepts)
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle experience (Waterfall or Agile)
- Experience working with a Relational Database using SQL
- Experience working with Java development/principles
- Experience working with XML
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Catalog and maintain test scenario library
- Present testing results and progress to management team
Additional Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Experience developing automated tests with Selenium
- Experience tracking work through Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Position requires a government background investigation.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and a resident of the US for the previous 3 years with no longer than a 90 day absence.
Working Conditions: The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.