Golden Nugget Las Vegas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Golf Operator I
at Golden Nugget Las Vegas
“Golden Nugget Lake Charles is a luxury casino-resort that opened in December 2014. The property contains nearly 1,100 well-appointed hotel rooms and suites with private balconies available. It sports an eighteen-hole championship golf course, a private beach and marina, and a luxurious pool complex with private cabanas, a waterslide and lazy river. Patrons enjoy a 2000-seat entertainment showroom, variety of meeting spaces, retail shopping from fine jewelry to resort wear, and a number of Landry’s signature restaurants. The Golden Nugget also includes a world-class casino with more than 70 table games, a poker room, and 1600 of the newest slot machines. We offer an abundance of premier employment opportunities in hotel, restaurant, finance, marketing, entertainment, casino management and much more. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to your next career opportunity!
Fertitta Entertainment through its various subsidiaries and affiliate companies is a national, diversified gaming, restaurant, hospitality, entertainment and retail organization. We own and operate the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos located in Las Vegas and Laughlin, Nevada, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Biloxi, Mississippi. We are also one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 420 locations in over 35 states and 15 countries. We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry’s Seafood House, Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump, Morton’s – The Steakhouse, McCormick’s & Schmick’s and Claim Jumper and Mastros, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which include Vic & Anthony’s, Grotto and more. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses, which include hotels, such as the San Luis Resort, Spa and Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, aquarium complexes, the Kemah Boardwalk, a 40-acre amusement, entertainment and retail complex in Kemah, Texas and the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier in Galveston, Texas.”
Under the direction of the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent, the Golf Operator 1 will operate specialized equipment and perform specific tasks relative to the maintenance of the golf course grounds.
• Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, Federal and State laws and regulations, and Golden Nugget and departmental policies and procedures.
• Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and fellow employees.
• Responsible for walk mowing, fly mowing, tri-plex mowing and weed eating greens.
• Responsible for edging and sod laying.
• UTV operation.
• Operation of blower, hand rake, bunker rake and sump pump as well as other hand tools.
• Ensure cleanliness of the golf course equipment, maintenance facility and grounds
• Assist the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent with record keeping for supplies, daily logs, application records, climatic condition records and personnel records.
• Stay abreast of current trends and practices within area of responsibility and communicate pertinent information to management, peers, direct reports and employees as appropriate.
• Promote positive public/employee relations at all times.
• Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
• Safeguard the confidential information of all employee, department and company records.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
• Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or internal ethics violations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Two (2) years of work experience in golf course maintenance operation.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have solid planning, time management, decision-making, organization, and interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking, hands-on environment. Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals. Ability to work occasional overtime and irregular hours. Must be able to work in all weather conditions; to operate common hand tools and motorized equipment; to drive a motor vehicle; to lift materials and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.; and sufficient stamina to stand, walk, and perform physical labor for extended periods of time
Auto req ID
Concept / Brand
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Posting Job Title
Golf Operator I