Golden Nugget Las Vegas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Slot Technician 1
at Golden Nugget Las Vegas
Golden Nugget Lake Charles is a luxury casino-resort that opened in December 2014. The property contains nearly 1,100 well-appointed hotel rooms and suites with private balconies available. It sports an eighteen-hole championship golf course, a private beach and marina, and a luxurious pool complex with private cabanas, a waterslide and lazy river. Patrons enjoy a 2000-seat entertainment showroom, variety of meeting spaces, retail shopping from fine jewelry to resort wear, and a number of Landry’s signature restaurants. The Golden Nugget also includes a world-class casino with more than 70 table games, a poker room, and 1600 of the newest slot machines. We offer an abundance of premier employment opportunities in hotel, restaurant, finance, marketing, entertainment, casino management and much more. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to your next career opportunity!
Fertitta Entertainment through its various subsidiaries and affiliate companies is a national, diversified gaming, restaurant, hospitality, entertainment and retail organization. We own and operate the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos located in Las Vegas and Laughlin, Nevada, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Biloxi, Mississippi. We are also one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 420 locations in over 35 states and 15 countries. We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry’s Seafood House, Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump, Morton’s – The Steakhouse, McCormick’s & Schmick’s and Claim Jumper and Mastros, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which include Vic & Anthony’s, Grotto and more. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses, which include hotels, such as the San Luis Resort, Spa and Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, aquarium complexes, the Kemah Boardwalk, a 40-acre amusement, entertainment and retail complex in Kemah, Texas and the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier in Galveston, Texas.
Under the direction of the Slot Technical Manager and Slot Technical Supervisor, the incumbent assists in ensuring the operational success of the Slot Department and outstanding guest service is provided to all casino patrons. Responsible for installing, upgrading, converting, servicing, adjusting, and repairing slot machines.
• Exhibit all conduct in accordance with Louisiana Gaming regulations and Golden Nugget policies and procedures, as well as all Federal and State laws and regulations.
• Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and fellow employees.
• Repair and maintain machines to ensure minimal downtime and proper functioning of all slot machines and other electronic gaming devices.
• Respond promptly to calls on the casino floor, diagnose causes of malfunctions and failures and take immediate appropriate action.
• Rebuild, overhaul, convert, adjust, calibrate align and modify any slot machine related to gaming equipment.
• Obtain a working knowledge of various electronic and electro-mechanical equipment.
• Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
• Perform all service requirements for slot machines included in the instillation and relocation.
• Perform all essential duties for preventative maintenance.
• Keep Slot Technical Supervisor and/or Slot Technical Manager informed of all issues pertaining to slot and other electronic gaming devices.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
• Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or internal ethics violations.
• Maintain excellent communication skills and interpersonal relations with guests, vendors, visitors and Golden Nugget staff. • Display professional conduct, sound judgment, the highest level of professional integrity and a strong work ethic.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• One (1) years of slot technician experience in a large (1,500 plus slot devices) casino strongly preferred;
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience as electronics technician responsible for maintenance and repair.
• Demonstrated successful performance in a guest service role.
• Experience servicing large numbers of guests in a public environment.
• Ability to physically navigate the casino floor on an ongoing basis, and perform all functions related to slot machine attendance, guest service including jackpot payouts, service requests, and minor machine repairs.
• Knowledge of technical detail of all slot machines, along with the ability to diagnose and repair.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have solid decision-making, organization, and interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal communication skills are required. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking, hands-on environment. Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationships with all individuals. Ability to work occasional overtime and irregular hours.
Auto req ID
Concept / Brand
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Posting Job Title
Slot Technician 1