Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coord., Payroll III
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
Responsible for payroll processing, account reconciliations and balancing, and other duties associated with the administration of salaried employee wages. They understand and align business operations and Payroll as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Wage, tax and pretax deduction balancing
- Computation and entry of various types of wages for salaried and hourly employees
- Technical payroll processing and electronic file transferring
- Payroll journal entry reconciliations
- Account balancing
- Auditing of outsourced wage attachments
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Intermediate or higher Excel, Word and PC skills
- Payroll software applications
- General office machine skills, i.e., fax, inserter, copier, printer, calculator
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to successfully and effectively work in a team-based environment
- Proven capability to work with speed and accuracy, attention to detail
- Self starter, highly motivated, and demonstrated strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information IMPERATIVE
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 5 – 7 years of proven, successful experience performing payroll functions
- Excellent payroll accounting knowledge/account balancing experience
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Graduate
- Bachelor’s degree preferred