Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
APPLICANTS SHOULD REGISTER WITH THE LOUISIANA WORKFORCE
This requisition will close on August 16, 2019 You must complete all questions on the application.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child’s cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Position Scope: This is a journey-level multi-craft general maintenance position requiring strong mechanic skills. This position is responsible for troubleshooting and servicing all production and support equipment within the facility in a safe and efficient manner while ensuring minimal downtime. This position will work closely with Operations and the Mechanical Maintenance Team to provide maximum facility support.
Job Function: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Troubleshooting and servicing all production and support equipment within the facility in a safe and efficient manner while ensuring minimal downtime.
- Provides technical support in locating and determining types of mechanical malfunctions within the mill.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, tables, charts, formulas, and equipment instruction manuals.
- Align equipment to specified tolerances.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment including centrifugal pumps, gearboxes, fans, and agitators.
- Correctly use rigging procedures as it pertains to working with heavy equipment (cranes, booms, cherry pickers, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a physically intense environment / Ability to lift up to 74 pounds.
- Requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, and climbing.
- Ability to work in elevated temperatures in excess of 100 degrees F.
- Ability to substantially move wrists, hands, and/or fingers to turn wrenches and make adjustments to the equipment.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs and work in high places off of mobile platforms (i.e. scissors lift, etc.).
- Requires working on rotating shifts and overtime
Graphic Packaging International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
- Commitment to safety and quality
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), CMMS systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment by receiving and completing work orders; gathering tools and supplies to complete the work assigned.
- Willing to update job knowledge through participation in educational opportunities.
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including forklifts, mobile and fixed cranes.
- Boiler and/or Turbine experience is a plus
- Good knowledge of metallurgy and other materials for fabrication processes.
- Proficiency in burning and welding techniques
- 5-6 years of industrial experience as a first class journey level mechanic
- Understanding of installing, repairing and maintaining industrial equipment in paper mill or similar industries.