Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supvr., Accounting II
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position is a Supervisor responsible for assisting the Corporate Payroll Manager in overseeing systems and controls inherent to the Corporate Payroll functions. The responsibilities can include integrating/consolidating bolt-on acquisitions into existing systems/processes, ensuring the accurate and timely preparation & submission of Federal, State and Local tax payments, associated reporting and related controls such as reconciliations and report balancing, designing/implementing process improvements and supervising the staff. The position requires high level knowledge of how these functions impact the business and be able to develop the ability to extract data required for analysis from a number of systems, such as SAP, HCM and any future solutions.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Lead and manage assigned team of Corporate Payroll employees who are responsible for the preparation, submission and reconciliation of all Federal, State and local taxes which total over $125 Million per year for approximately 15,000 US based employees. Lead and manage wage and tax balancing for all US payrolls.
- Assure the payroll tax general ledger accounts report the tax expenses and liabilities correctly.
- Resolve issues related to tax returns filings, including penalty notices and abatement requests.
- Resolve employee tax issues, especially when unique circumstances require system modifications.
- Provide project management oversight for all phases of the W2 year-end processing to ensure timely and accurate submissions to employees and the IRS
- Prepare weekly and monthly payment forecasts on tax disbursements and refunds of overpayments
- Design, suggest and execute process improvements by performing root cause analysis and identifying the key drivers in the Corporate Payroll processes with a focus on gains in automation of processes & recurring issues and bottlenecks to the process
- Assist in system testing for all upgrades that impact the Payroll process
- Partner with Payroll Operations Supervisor to maximize strength and efficiency across the Corporate Payroll team
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls, best practices and appropriate checks and balances
- Other duties as assigned.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Written Communications
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel (basic formula usage, preparing and formatting of data downloaded from SAP into Excel for reporting purposes)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- One to three years of supervisory experience
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or other Business-related program
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.