H2 Performance Consulting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SQL Database Engineer/Administrator
at H2 Performance Consulting
SQL Database Engineer/Administrator
|Location:||New Orleans, LA|
H2 Performance Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strives to build a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. As a Federal Contractor, H2 Performance Consulting is required under Executive order 12989, to verify employment eligibility of selected candidates through the Department of Labor’s - E-Verify.
H2 is seeking a SQL Database Engineer/Administrator to support our government client in New Orleans, LA. The SQL Database Engineer/Administrator will be onsite at the SPAWARSYSCEN Atlantic New Orleans, LA location. The successful candidate must be able to create, update, configure, manage and administer databases. The enterprise environment consists stand-alone databases with deployed and maintained remote standby databases. The successful candidate must be able to work in a dynamic environment with stakeholders, team members and government sponsors to manage database software over various operating systems such as Red Hat Linux, Windows and VMWare. The successful candidate must be able to create, edit and execute scripts to process data and perform software updates. The candidate must be able to create instances to include with the ability to modify control files, redo logs, archive log and other parameters as required. Will be relied on to provide IT project management guidance/input and expertise for projects and special projects as needed. The candidate must be able to integrate DBMS(s) data with existing application software, web sites, portals, storage devices or business applications as well as assisting and testing Disaster Recovery (DR) and Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP)..
The SQL Database Engineer/Administrator responsibilities include:
- Reading/interpreting database error messages and execute recovery of database instance, data or other pertinent database components.
- Remotely administering database instances using secure shell and other remote access tools.
- Implementing DoD mandated upgrades and security patches to the DBMS Software, to include quarterly Critical Patch Updates.
- Analyzing database error messages/alert logs and implementing corrective actions to resolve issues.
- Coordinate with SAN engineers for designing, managing, implementing and configuring Logical Unit Numbers (LUN), file systems, disks, zones and other storage media on various storage devices in a Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID)
- Work closely with Systems Engineering and Vulnerability Analysis teams to ensure compliance with applicable DISA STIGs and remediate vulnerability alerts to ensure the security and availability of data
- Utilizing tools and environment.
- Integrating DBMS(s) to OS(s), business applications, monitoring agents, risk mitigation agents, backup/recovery agents, network devices and storage devices.
- Interpreting error codes generated by log and system files from DBMS(s), OS(s), business applications, monitoring agents, risk mitigation agents, backup/recovery agents, network devices and storage devices.
- Recommending and implementing hardware, software and database solutions to resolve problems.
- Creating/Modifying/Updating/Closing Trouble Tickets and Work Orders and to coordinate incident within Security Center
- Documenting procedures for database management and tasks in Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and other relevant documentation processes; provide metrics and reports that show how databases are performing
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Integrates with Software Development team and systems engineers to ensure new products and software to operations
- Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database
- Administers all database objects, including tables, indices, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Must currently possess a current/active DoD secret clearance
- 5+ years of DBA experience
- Must Level requirements 8570 compliance
- IA Baseline Certification: Security+
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field (or 4 years of relative experience in lieu of)
- Previous RHEL 6/7 system administration experience a plus
- Ability to work with moderate supervision, strong interpersonal skills, and self-motivated
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with ability to consistently complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- A strong sense of urgency including self-governance on task priority.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume to the career section of our company website at https://h2pc.com/employment-opportunities/. All resumes will be reviewed and those candidates we wish to further in the application process will be contacted via email/phone to schedule initial phone screens. All resumes are kept on file for comparison of skills against future position requirements.