Iberia Bank Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teller Lead - Baton Rouge (Acadian Village Branch)
at Iberia Bank Corporation
Provide quality, accurate and timely customer service involving daily processing of financial transactions in a retail environment, which include the duties and responsibilities described herein. Work towards other career opportunities in the Retail Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Process deposits, withdrawals, transfers and loan payment transactions for customers.
- Process miscellaneous transactions (bonds, municipal coupons, traveler’s checks, money orders, etc.)
- Cross-sells and makes referrals to generate new business and additional services, promote bank products, and further establish business relationships.
- Participate and on occasion conduct meetings that include sales, product, operations and customer service information.
- Handle a cash drawer; ensuring proper control of cash drawer; follow all audit and security policies and procedures
- Handle single control vault, ensuring proper control of vault cash, follow all audit and security policies and procedures
- Monitors the weekly balancing of ATM and the daily processing of deposits and captured cards.
- Coordinate and assist with the dual control vault responsibilities.
- Use good judgment and bank policies when overriding transactions for tellers with less withdrawal/less cash authority.
- Responsible for the verification of deposits in the night and lobby depository.
- Maintain work flow and handle scheduling the tellers.
- Assist tellers in balancing as needed, reviews the daily banking office settlement, prepare correcting entries to reconcile teller errors.
- Performs cash audits to include all teller cash drawers, ATM, Vault and TCD (if applicable)
- Responsible for monitoring, controlling teller cash limits and branch cash.
- Accountable for ensuring that the total cash in the branch is balanced daily.
- Responsible for ensuring proper control and maximum efficiency in the teller line.
- Ensures all audit and security policies and procedures are followed during customer service hours and at banking office opening and closing.
- Control the inventory of cash, Traveler’s Checks, Official Checks and Instant Issue ATM Cards through dual control.
- Assists with daily, weekly and monthly audits of all consignment items performed under dual control
- Alerts tellers about any suspected fraud, kiting, theft or other illegal activity.
- Secures all applicable cash records and all other transaction records, supplies and computer equipment at the end of the work day.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job may require performing back up supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer and Office Equipment Skills:
- Calculator / 10 key
- coin counter
- PC and/or computer terminal
- copy machine
- facsimile machine
- teller/platform software (preferred)
- typing of at least 40 wpm
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.