Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Control Systems (Instrumentation) Engineer
At the end of April 2019 WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals, and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes. Supervisory and administrative responsibility over a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced concepts, techniques, and standards. Responsibilities include assuring effective utilization of engineering personnel, and technical quality.
- Knowledge resource for the instrumentation, control systems and process automation field
- Support P&ID development; help maintain the P&ID's through the course of each project phase
- Support development of the Instrument Index and I/0 List; help maintain the Instrument Index and I/0 List through the course of each project phase
- Support development of material / labor TIC cost estimates
- Support development of engineering / design effort hour estimates
- Develop instrumentation and control systems engineering / design scope of work documents for project
- Support incorporation of control systems content into mechanical equipment vendor packages
- Coordinate with process engineers to obtain process data for use in specifying tagged field instruments
- Coordinate with HVC workshare office to ensure work packages are being prepared in compliance with home office requirements
- Provide technical direction for selection of items to be specified or purchased, ensure compliance with client requirements and standards, check specifications and requisition packages prepared by others
- Prepare engineering calculations, specifications and requisition packages for inquiry and purchase
- Prepare technical bid evaluations and make recommendations for purchase
- Review vendor data to assure specifications and project requirements are met
- Review long lead requisition package deliveries for compliance with schedule critical path
- Develop instrumentation and control systems construction scope of work documents
- Recognized Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited college or University required
- 15 years' of experience designing offshore production facilities required
- Current knowledge of EPC work processes as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required
- Knowledge of the application, specification and installation of tagged field instruments required
- Thorough understanding of P&ID symbology and presentation techniques required
- Experience in engineering and/or construction work process required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) required
- Experience in various phases of vendor selection and technical negotiation is preferred
- Experience in inspection and testing of instrumentation items preferred
- Experience in instrument installation requirements preferred
- Registered P.E. License preferred
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a background screening, drug-free workplace.