Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Control Manager
At the end of April 2019 WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals, and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
Maintains project ledgers showing budget line items, commitments, expenditures and forecasts.
- Weighted toward Project Controls functions on large industrial projects in the Oil & Gas sector
- Develop, interpret, and execute policy objectives and standards applicable to cost and schedule controls coupled with analysis activities
- Direct all cost engineering functions, including cost forecasting, cost control, change management and cost analysis
- Lead all planning, and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, analysis, and ongoing recommendations for improvement
- Interface with other project team members, including Engineering, Construction, Procurement, Office planning, IT, Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Contracts and Legal, to facilitate compliance with execution strategy and objectives
- Provide status reports and related project reporting analyses to company and client management
- Identify problems and coordinate with the project team to correct and ensure work is being coordinated between the other departments and offices to meet project requirements
- Prepare various project controls plans and reports, financial summaries, and related activities for project management on assigned projects
- Serve as a liaison with business unit functional management to coordinate workload and staffing plans, work processes, and procedures
- Evaluate projects at each stage of development to ensure cost and financial activities of the project team inclusive of ensuring client/contractual obligations have been met
- Plan and assist with anticipated staffing requirements for assigned projects
- Review contract drafts and related terms & conditions to ensure they meet project controls requirements and coordinate development of data in support of contract compliance
- Prepare, coordinate, and deliver project controls presentations to internal management and to client, as required
- Participate in the development and training of assigned personnel and in the implementation of training programs
- 10 years of experience is required
- Experience working onvarious projects to include coordinating and executing project issues required
- Specific experience and demonstrated skill in directing cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, change management and cost analysis required
- Experience with directing, planning, and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis required
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to successfully direct and motivate a team inclusive of interacting with client personnel required
- Advanced knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, and construction projects in the Oil & Gas industry required
- Significant experience in project controls, commercial operations, and/or prime contract experience with emphasis on project controls and financial issues required
- Broad knowledge of Project Control Systems and processes including leading schedule processing software, databases and spreadsheet applications (ie: Primavera, Excel) required
- Comfortable working with all levels and functions in a constructive fashion to achieve responsibilities and goals required
- BS/MS in an Engineering or Construction Sciences Discipline preferred
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a drug-free workplace.