Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Control Systems Designer
At the end of April 2019 WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals, and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
Designs components or portions of systems, and modifies existing designs to develop or improve them. Complete understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Provides solutions to a wide range of complex problems under general direction. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Gain a full understanding of the project scope in order to participate in the development of the Control Systems design effort
Responsible for developing project deliverables, and checking the output of other staff designers when assigned
Monitor the progress of assigned deliverables or tasks, including other team members when assigned
Responsible for reporting on current task status to the project lead designer and lead engineer and providing weekly or bi-weekly reports of progress
Ensure that the technical content of all assigned design deliverables meet quality expectations; ensure drawings and designs are produced within the assigned timeframes; raise any gaps or potential problems for resolution immediately upon identification
Monitor assigned design activities to assure conformance with company work instructions and SOPs; insure adherence to client and/or company specifications, governing codes and good design practice
Maintain or manage the assigned portions of the computer based instrument list and I/O list; maintain or manage the technical content through regular updates
Coordinate and cooperate with the other disciplines to ensure the smooth flow of all Control Systems design information on the project task force, and to ensure alignment with project requirements
Participate in weekly status meetings with the Control Systems team to receive department news, assess and discuss project issues, coordinate/plan key milestone efforts, etc.
- 10 years' of experience on medium sized or larger capital projects, from project inception to startup is required
- Current knowledge of EPC work processes, administrative practices as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required
- Broad knowledge base in DCS/PLC/SIS system wiring practices, instrumentation installations, analytical systems installations, instrument location plan development, and construction support required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- CADD Drafting skills (AutoCAD and/or Microstation) required
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) required
- Database Instrumentation tool experience (SPI/Intools, REBIS, AVEVA, others) preferred
- Associate's degree or higher preferred
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a drug-free workplace.