Jefferson Parish Sheriff
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WATER PURIFICATION OPERATOR - CLASS IV (2765)
at Jefferson Parish Sheriff
- Purpose of Announcement
- EXAMINATION IS ANNOUNCED TO ESTABLISH AN EMPLOYMENT LIST TO FILL FUTURE WEST AND EAST JEFFERSON VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF WATER AS THEY OCCUR.
- Kind of Work
Highly responsible position involving the operation of Water Purification Plant and minor mechanical/maintenance for various types of equipment and processes used in a major Water purification Plant. Operator must operate and/or monitor computers, pumps, motors, tanks, chemical feeders, levels, pressures, analyzers, and related equipment to insure the proper operation of the Purification Plant. Must handle hazardous chemicals used in the Water Treatment process such as chlorine and ammonia. Operator will be responsible for handling customer calls and dispatch maintenance crews for repairs. The employee will use computers to monitor all aspects of plant operation and acknowledge and respond to computer generated alarms for extended periods during their twelve hour shift. This class of work requires that all operators work on a rotating shift basis. Position requires driving of a Parish vehicle, thus possession of a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record will be given preference. This position is also an essential, emergency duty status worker and may not be relieved of duty when the Parish President or his designee recommends a voluntary or mandatory evacuation of Jefferson Parish.
- Minimum Qualifications For Admission to Examination
- Possession of a Class IV Water Treatment License issued by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Plus one of the following:
- Successful completion of high school; OR
- Possession of a high school equivalency certificate; OR
- Successful completion of Vocational/Trade school (not limited to short specific courses).
- Kind of Examination
(ENTRANCE AND PROMOTIONAL)
Rating of Training & Experience --------------------------------- 100%
Acceptable applicants will be notified of the time, date, and place of any assembled testing. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification and the Personnel Department reserves the right to determine the quality and quantity of education and experience claimed for credit.
JOB POSTING NO.: 2765-03R