Jena Choctaw Pines Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sports Bar Server
at Jena Choctaw Pines Casino
- 15-Aug-2019 to 20-Sep-2019 (CST)
- Food & Beverage Front of House
- Dry Prong, LA, USA
- Full Time
Sports Bar Server
SUPERVISOR: F&B Supervisor/FOH Manager EXEMPT (Y/N): No
CLASSIFICATION: Key Employee
Responsible for providing prompt, friendly and courteous service of food and beverage to all sports bar guests. Responsible for the overall appearance of the sports bar. Cash and Credit Card handling.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Acknowledge and greet all guests promptly.
- Able to describe all specials and menu items.
- Knowledge of MICROS/POS system.
- Knowledge of cocktail and drink terminology.
- Ensures correct cocktail/drink call list.
- Performs all shift opening and closing checklist duties.
- Knowledge of all menu items as specified.
- Performs necessary side work, pre-shift work and shift completion work.
- Handles all VIP guests according to internal F&B Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to all regulatory, Departmental and Casino Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure safety cleanliness and customer satisfaction.
- Serves all food and beverage with proper garnishments.
- Monitor all tables in your station for service and bussing of tables.
- Promotes positive customer relations, greets guests and creates a friendly atmosphere.
- Ability to read, write and communicate with staff and guest verbally in English.
- Skills in establishing and maintain an effective working relationship with staff.
- Ability to multitask calmly and efficiently.
- Anticipate and execute excellent guest service through upbeat positive attentiveness.
- Ability to multi-task high volume activity, payment transactions, cash and credit card carry as payment and/or comps.
- Basic mathematic abilities.
- Basic money handling skills.
- Ability to work in dimly lit, smoke-filled, loud environment.
- Ability to take orders efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS AND INFORMATION:
Guest Credit Card Information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability to understand and comply with all departmental and company rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must pose excellent communication skills.
- Must successfully pass drug screen and Tribal Gaming Commission Licensing.
- Tribal Preferences.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY:
Members of the Jena Band of Choctaw Tribe shall be given absolute preference with respect to hiring, promotions, training, contracting, and separation from employment. For persons who meet the minimum qualifications, preferential treatment shall be based on the following criteria and shall be given in the following order:
Enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw tribe who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Spouses of enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Enrolled members of other recognized tribes who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Military Veterans;
- All others who satisfy the minimum job qualifications.
EDUCATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) Required.
- Minimum of one (1) year high volume, high pressure restaurant or food service experience.
- Requires being mobile 100% of time.
- May work in dimly lit/smokey area.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to tolerate extensive background noises and still maintain calmness and courteousness.
- Required to lift/push or pull at least 30 lbs.
- Work area may be small with heavy production.
- Temperatures may vary.
- Team member will have constant contact with guest and other team members.
- Requires regular, consistent attendance.
Louisiana Responsible Vendors Server Permit.