Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HVAC Mechanic Tradesman (Union) - Truck Based
at Johnson Controls.
What you will do
Are you looking to increase your HVAC knowledge and learn firsthand from some of the top HVAC teams? Our team will give you this opportunity, in addition we provide factory certification through our Service Technical Academy (STA) with milestone recognition and monetary rewards and advancement, increased incentive opportunity for executed pull-through work, top of the line technology, equipment and uniforms and a #1 focus on employee safety. We will equip you with tools and a vehicle to perform your job at the highest standard. Under leadership direction, works on the truck-based team, providing routine, periodic service and inspections on Mechanical HVAC equipment at customer sites, regardless of the size or location of the HVAC mechanical equipment being worked on.
How you will do it
• Change and Service Filters
• Oil and Grease Bearings
• Perform Belt adjustment and replacement services
• Perform Cooling Tower and Condenser Maintenance (coils, evaporators and tubes)
• Perform general housekeeping tasks as required by customer contract
• Operate mechanical equipment if deemed necessary by customer contract
• Clean and perform routine maintenance as required for solar energy equipment
• Perform Indoor Air Quality related maintenance including but not limited to the cleaning of duct systems and drain pans
What we look for
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Familiarity with HVAC equipment
• EPA Refrigeration certification a plus
• Self starter with ability to work independently
• This position requires a current driver's license
This is a Bargaining Unit Position.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.