Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kansas City Southern Railway
Oversees train operations and is responsible for the safe and efficient movement of all trains within an assigned territory or terminal. Oversees assignment of resources and the management of assets and processes within a terminal or territory. Accountable for execution of the service plan to include production, quality, cost containment and reassignment of resources as necessary to achieve maximum efficiency. Ensures the safety of crews and meets operational and financial targets as outline by the service plan and associated key performance indicators.
- Ensures compliance to defined operating practices and procedures promoting a safe work environment.
- Manages the operational testing program by observing, documenting, and evaluating safe work practices per operating rules and acting upon results.
- Meets the tactical goals of the service plan by managing assets, reporting results, defining problem areas and implementing solutions. Metrics include asset utilization, execution to plan, cost of quality and safety performance.
- Conducts regularly scheduled employee meetings and programs to emphasize safety and discuss mitigation of risks.
- Investigates incidents, determines root cause, and escalates findings and implements corrective action as necessary to prevent recurrence.
- Manages resources and assets in a cost effective manner.
- May serve as a first responder to critical incidents.
- Makes recommendations regarding hiring and performance management of staff.
- Ensure execution to plan through defined performance expectations with internal service providers and addressing failures to service level commitments.
- Utilizes operating systems and planning tools to proactively identify problem areas and coordinate solutions to the service plan.
- Coordinate with commercial and/or customer solutions unit to satisfy customer expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Transportation, Logistics, Business, General Studies or related field
- 0 years of related Management experience in the railroad industry with a Bachelor's degree or
- 2 years of related Management experience in the railroad industry with a high school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Operations management experience preferred.
- Supervisory and performance management experience preferred.
- Prior experience working with employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement preferred.
- Previous experience in the use and application of enterprise resource planning tools (e.g., operating systems, SAP, PeopleSoft, etc.) preferred.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
The duties, responsibilities and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.