Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Diesel Engine Mechanic
at Kansas City Southern Railway
A diesel mechanic is responsible for inspecting, servicing, and maintaining diesel locomotive mechanical systems in accordance with company and federal regulations; diagnosing diesel engine malfunctions and effecting repairs using hand tools, overhead cranes and machine tools; operating forklifts, cranes, and tractors; using torches and welders.
Diesel Mechanics ordinarily work in mechanical shop environments, but sometimes also on line-of-road. A diesel mechanic must therefore be prepared to work in all types of weather conditions, for extended periods of time. While a diesel mechanic position entails primarily shift work, including weekends, from time-to-time overtime may be required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Journeyman license OR three (3) years mechanical experience
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- The duties, responsibilities and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position. In addition, these general guidelines bear no relation to, nor are they intended to modify or conflict with, any collective bargaining agreement provision. Questions about the collective bargaining agreement, if any, governing the position described herein should be directed to the appropriate union organization.
- UNION MEMBERSHIP: This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement and the successful applicant may be required to join the union. Monthly union dues may be required and will be deducted from the employee's paycheck.