Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Materials and Logistics Team Lead
at Kansas City Southern Railway
The Materials and Logistics Team Lead coordinates with the Engineering Department to ensure timely shipment of track material needed for various project and/or maintenance of the roadway. This position is also responsible for the MINIMAX materials at the Central Distribution Area (CDA). The Materials and Logistics Team Lead is also responsible for keeping an accurate inventory of materials stored at the CDA Yard in Vivian, LA. The Material and Logistics Team Lead must be able to operate a forklift safely. This position will also be responsible for all day to day activities at the CDA when the CDA Manager is in the field performing Inventory Audits.
- Receives orders from CDA Manager and coordinates packaging and shipping of order, and creates daily shipping plans;
- Unloads material from inbound trucks and checks for defects and that the material received matches the information on the shipping papers;
- Tracks physical inventories, including count of materials and CDA and other locations across the system. Assists Manager performing physical inventories at outlying locations;
- Arranges the track material in orderly storage locations and cleans trash from the property;
- Communicates with field personnel to ensure correct dates and locations of deliveries;
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- High School Diploma - General Studies - GED - General Studies;
- 5 years experience operating a forklift;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous material handling is preferred;
- Knowledge of rail, other track material (OTM), switches, and bridge material in order to sort, stack, house and handle same is helpful.
- Proficient at safely operating a forklift and other material handling equipment;
- Ability to use SAP as it relates to material handling.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.