Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kansas City Southern Railway
Oversees the final processing step before ties are shipped by ensuring they are treated correctly and in a safe and efficient process.
- Operates boiler and moves creosote and diesel mixture through complex plumbing systems;
- Controls intake of thousands of gallons of creosote and diesel mix, according to environment regulations, which are then heated by the boiler in multiple tanks for use in the treatment process;
- Quality checks wood by inspecting retention gallons to determine if additional processing is necessary;
- Responsible for properly venting treatment tubes and separation pond processes in accordance with EPA guidelines;
- Responsible for re-use process of creosote and diesel mix using the evaporation tanks;
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- High school diploma;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with hazardous materials and handling certification preferred
- Knowledge of basic mechanical concepts including valves/doors to prevent contamination or unsafe environmental mistakes;
- Shift Work – 24/7;
- Knowledge of safe work environment applications.
The duties, responsibilities and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.