Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Welding Engineer
ABOUT TEXTRON SYSTEMS:
Harnessing agility and a broad base of expertise, Textron Systems' innovative businesses design, manufacture, field and support comprehensive solutions that expand customer capabilities and deliver value. Textron Systems' businesses are industry-leading developers and integrators of unmanned systems, advanced marine craft, armored vehicles, intelligent battlefield and surveillance systems, geospatial management and analysis systems, intelligence software solutions, precision weapons, piston engines, test and training systems, and total lifecycle sustainment and operational services.
A Sr Welding Engineer develops, manages, recommends and coordinates the implementation of a sound welding program and processes through improved weld processes, design specification review, techniques, inspections, and safety procedures.
- Plans, organizes and directs the technical aspects of all types of welding processes and issues within the Ship-to-Shore Connector group.
- Directly interface with the product design engineering team to insure design for process and manufacturing requirements are addressed and met and acts as subject matter expert.
- Establishes and documents welding processes in accordance with national and military standards/specifications.
- Develops, recommends, and coordinates the implementation of improved/enhanced processes, techniques, and safety procedures for all welding performed within the company.
- Identifies problems with and identifies the resolution of welding processes, issues, and concerns.
- Performs root cause analysis with emphasis on eliminating problems through design analysis, ergonomic issues, and machine/welding/assembly process improvements including equipment/materials purchasing requirements.
- Keeps abreast of Best Practices and state-of-the-art welding technologies and safety procedures used throughout the industry.
- Serves as a key resource in the development of capacity planning, production control and troubleshooting of production welding processes.
- Develops, plans, and administers a welding training class for new and current welders (minimum of 4 times per year).
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned by management.
A BS degree in Mechanical, Welding, Manufacturing, Metallurgy or Industrial Engineering.
- Six (6) plus years in marine and/or heavy military equipment manufacturing utilizing Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Three (3) plus years of progressive experience in weld engineering.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of material reactions during welding or other manufacturing process is required, specifically with respect to Aluminum Alloys commonly used in marine applications.
- Demonstrated/ proven contributor and team player within other organizations. Ability to work independently and closely with a diverse group of people in a team environment.
- Proficient using necessary software programs such as AutoCAD, Project, MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem identification/analytical resolution skills using statistical comprehension methods are required.
- Ability to interface effectively and efficiently with peers, employees and management within and across the organization is required.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.