Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Salaried Full-Time
- Product Line
- Job Locations
- US-LA-New Orleans
- Holcim (US) Inc.
The Terminal Operator safely operates all equipment at the location used to load and unload rail cars, boats and/or trucks, ensuring order accuracy and expeditious processing of requests. This person will be relied upon heavily for electrical troubleshooting throughout the terminal. The Operator will function as an onsite Industrial Electrician.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Industrial/commercial electrical experience
- Able to read electrical schematics
- Able to trouble shoot electrical issues
- Maintain grounds, offices, warehouse, yard, etc.
- Carry out tasks related to loading/unloading material, both bulk and bagged, for rail, waterway, and road methods of transportation, as appropriate for the specific location.
- Understand and operate truck loading equipment.
- Operate and conduct general maintenance on mobile equipment and assist with general mechanical maintenance.
- Sample product from trucks and barges following company policies.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records on all terminal equipment.
- Perform clerical functions following the established guidelines for the recording of receipts, shipments and inventory records.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Terminal Operators need the ability to communicate with Terminal Managers, customers, sales personnel, trucking firms and suppliers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 5-10 years industrial electrical experience
Additional Requirements: Experience with customer service and equipment operation and maintenance.
Licenses Preferred: Valid Driver’s License
Required Computer and Software Skills: Basic knowledge about computers, Microsoft Office and SAP