Lafayette General Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CT Tech-LGMC CT-PRN in Lafayette, LA at Lafayette General Health
at Lafayette General Health
Employment Status: PRN
The CT Technologist Performs a variety of diagnostic CT exams. This employee will be responsible for successfully working with patients of all ages with a various types of medical problems and assists the directing physician in the performance of examinations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs CT procedures in accordance with the established professional and department standards and protocols.
2. Confirm patient identification verbally and ID bracelet.
3. Instructs or assist the patient with changing into a gown.
4. Verifies patient history is correct and explains the procedure.
5. Courteously answers the telephone, takes messages and transfers calls as indicated.
6. Gives verbal reports to doctor’s offices as requested. Also faxes reports to offices when needed.
7. Practice proper radiation safety techniques to keep radiation exposure minimal to patient, self and other by the use of shielding.
8. Consistently able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients. Is able to assess the patient’s status, communicate effectively, and provide care for each age group.
9. Maintains strictest patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA compliance.
10. Responsible for ordering and stocking supplies and linen in the CT rooms.
11. Assist in the movement of patients to and from wheelchair, stretchers and beds on and off the CT table.
12. Puts service request for maintenance, clinical engineer and IT departments.
13. Demonstrates consistent and appropriate use of engineering controls, work practice controls and personal protective equipment as directed by OSHA’s blood borne pathogens standard.
14. Abides all compliance requirements and policies and performs these responsibilities in an ethical manner consistent with the organization’s mission and vision.
15. Is required to perform diagnostic X-ray procedures when not performing CT exams.
16. Explains the procedure and post examination care to the patient and family members using AIDET principles. Provides radiation protection for patients, family, and employees.
17. Reviews the physician’s orders before proceeding with the exam.
18. Initiate and care for intravenous access in all patients.
19. Administer contrast medium as directed by physician.
20. Performs post processing on required procedures.
21. Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports unusual occurrences and records patient’s condition.
22. Ensures that correct patient data matches the processed images.
23. Maintains an orderly, clean, and adequately stocked room and / or work area.
24. Performs standard quality control functions.
25. Maintains Radiologist scheduling for interventional procedures.
26. Performs interventional procedures with Radiologist.
27. Responsible for transporting patients to and from the Emergency Department and floors if necessary.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Licensed by the State of Louisiana in diagnostic radiology required.
- Advance registry in CT preferred.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Tech (ARRT) preferred.
- Certified in CPR within 30 days of employment and recertified prior to expiration.
- One year of experience as a radiologic technologist preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
• May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
Formal application; verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s), certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oral interview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior