Lafayette General Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Office Assistant-LGMD-Full Time in Lafayette, LA at Lafayette General Health
at Lafayette General Health
Location: LGMD Neuroscience Center of Acadiana
Employment Status: FT
1. Answers telephone in a professional and timelymanner.
2. Greets patients courteously.
3. Reviews medial record documentation forphysicians and ensures that all necessary ICD-9 and CPT codes are present.
4. Processes daily batches: a) Enters or acquiresdemographics; b) Prices each patient visit; c) batches the daily charges andsubmits batch and daily deposit to medical dimensions
5. Performs billing functions of charge andpayment data entry and claims follow-up.
6. Research coding/billing communicationssubmitted to clinic by medical dimensions and responds to all communications ina timely manner.
7. Prepares clinic statistics such as clinicvisits and referrals and submits to director daily and/or monthly as required.
8. Verifies all patient insurance coverage priorto patient visit.
9. Schedules ancillary services.
10. Schedulespatients’ appointments.
11. Returnspatients’ phone calls when necessary.
12. Securesinformation from referring physicians.
13. Filesmedical records appropriately.
14. Collectscopays, deductibles, and balances at the time of patient’s visit.
15. Codespayable invoices and submits to practice director for approval.
16. AssistsLPN as needed in checking patients into exam rooms, taking medical symptoms forvisit
17. Ordersoffice supplies.
18. Performsall other duties required.
A. High School Graduate or Equivalent required.
B. Medical Coding knowledge and experience required.
C. 3-5 years front-office medical practice experience preferred.
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work asdefined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
• May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, ormoving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as toand from various hospital areas